Ensure Authenticity, Quality, and Reliability with Ampacet SecurTrace™ Technology.
SecurTrace™ masterbatches and compounds offer designers customized additive solutions that address medical device security issues, such as counterfeiting and product security within the manufacturing supply chain.
By using specific inspection methods, users have the ability to examine a device containing SecurTrace technology to determine if:
- The device is authentic
- Proper ingredients and processes are used
- A component in the device is manufactured by the specified vendor
SecurTrace is a technology that can be tailored to each customer’s specific product needs.
Chemical additives are selected based on the specific security requirements of the application. The available technologies can either be covert (not visually evident) or overt (intentionally visible), and can be detected using a variety of methods, including filters, scanners and analytical testing.
- Reduce liability by providing evidence to the source of medical device
- Ensure product authenticity by offering a unique fingerprint for the device
- Verify presence of specified materials or components via examination throughout the manufacturing/assembly process
SecurTrace masterbatches and compounds are compatible with the following plastic manufacturing processes:
- Injection Molding
- Sheet and Profile Extrusion
- Blow Molding
- Blown and Cast Film
Most SecurTrace technologies comply with FDA food contact regulations and can be further tested to specific medical requirements, if necessary.
For further information please contact your local Ampacet representative or complete our Product Information Request Form .