Thank you for visiting Ampacet Corporation’s internet website, www.ampacet.com. We hope you are able to find information of interest to you about our company.
Ampacet Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to comply with this internet data protection policy and any applicable data protection law (including EU Regulation 2016/679 or “General Data Protection Regulation” where applicable) when collecting your personal data at this website. We encourage you to read this data protection policy carefully.
For processing activities falling within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), Ampacet Corporation, with registered office at 660 White Plains Road, Tarrytown, New York, 10591 U.S.A., is the data controller (“Ampacet Corporation”, “we”).
Which personal data are processed by Ampacet Corporation?
We may process the following types of personal data from you at this website:
- Automatically Collected Personal Data
In general, you can visit Ampacet’s website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including e-mail address. In these instances, we may passively collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information typically includes your domain name, your user name, and your numerical IP address. The amount of information sent by your web browser depends on its settings. Please refer to your browser if you want to learn what information it sends. We use this type of information to see which web pages you visit at our website, which website you visited before coming to our website, and where you go after you leave our website. We can then develop statistics that help us understand how our visitors use our website and how we can improve it.
- Cookie Generated Personal Data
Ampacet Corporation may actively obtain information about you by installing a marker on your computer commonly called a “cookie.” Cookies enable us to know you by a computer-generated, unique identifier. By providing you with a unique cookie, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences, and in situations where these choices or preferences need to be collected again; they can be supplied by us automatically, saving you time and effort. Your computer may be specially configured to reject cookies; please refer to your browser for more information. Ampacet’s website will allow you to visit without accepting cookies, but some features of our website may not work properly if you choose to reject cookies.
- User Generated Personal Data
We collect information at this website when you contact us or respond to the surveys, questionnaires or applications we make available. If you e-mail us, you are voluntarily releasing the content of your e-mail to us (including your e-mail address). If you answer questions we have placed on the website page, you are also voluntarily releasing that information to us. You may decide not to answer any questions presented to you on our website; if you do, you may still continue your visit, but we may elect not to provide you with services or features related to the questions you choose not to answer.
What are the purposes for which your personal data are processed by Ampacet Corporation?
We process your personal data for the above mentioned purposes but also :
- to store the personal information for your convenience should you return to this website in the future on the basis of your cookie consent;
- to comply with a legal obligation to which Ampacet Corporation is subject;
- to understand how visitors use our website and for statistical purposes on the basis of your consent, where required, and our legitimate interest to understand how our website is used and to improve and tailor it to the needs of our users;
- for direct marketing purposes including the sharing of the information with Ampacet affiliates or third parties including contractors, dealers, distributors and retailers on the basis of your consent, or where you are an existing customer, on the basis of our legitimate interest to build and maintain strong customer relationships;
- to investigate security breaches and to cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal obligation;
- to answer your request on the basis of our legitimate interest to properly respond to requests made via our website.
Is your personal data transferred to third countries ?
Certain personal data may be transferred to Ampacet group entities located outside of the European Economic Area which do not guarantee an adequate level of protection. In order to carry out such transfers in compliance with the GDPR, Ampacet Corporation has provided for appropriate safeguards where necessary. For more information about these safeguards please contact Ampacet using our GDPR Contact Form.
To whom are your personal data transferred?
Your personal data may be transferred to Ampacet affiliates or third parties including contractors (contractor that operates computer systems on our behalf, dealers, distributors and retailers) for the abovementioned purposes.
How long do we retain your personal data?
Ampacet Corporation retains your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the personal data were collected. The duration will depend on various factors.
The criteria Ampacet Corporation may use to determine the retention period are as follows:
- the term of our relationship;
- when you have given your consent and whether you have withdrawn it;
- whether any applicable law or regulation allows for or imposes a specific retention period;
- what the expectation for retention was at the time the data was provided to us.
What are your rights regarding your personal data ?
You have the right to request access to, correction, or deletion of your personal data and to ask for data portability or limitation of processing under the conditions provided by the applicable data protection laws. You are also entitled to object to the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If we process your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw it for the future at any time. To make a data subject request, please contact us by using our GDPR Contact Form.
Ampacet Corporation is responsible for the processing activities outlined in this notice. For further questions about the processing of your personal data, you may contact the person responsible within Ampacet for data protection by using our GDPR Contact Form.
You may also address complaints to the competent data protection authority.