Position: Strategic Business Manager, Market Diversification
Department: Business Development & Marketing
Reports to: Business Development Director
Location: Mason, OH
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
This position serves as the business leader of the Market Diversification efforts for North America. Organize and direct all of the necessary facets of the Market Diversification segments to ensure the long term profit viability and growth of the business segments. As a business generalist, the Strategic Business Manager (SBM) will be immersed in all aspects of the business, becoming the driving force of the business diversification efforts. The SBM will take leadership of the business segments by exploring all possible approaches to increase profitability and market share. The SBM will work closely with the SBM’s of Rigid and Flexible Packaging, Sales, Technical and Manufacturing departments, along with key customers, to identify industry trends and to develop programs internally so our entire organization can respond to meet evolving demands. This position will collaborate with their counterparts in the other major regions of Ampacet.
- Building Influential Partnerships
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Continuous Learning
- Creating Demand Through Insight
- Customer Focus
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- High Impact Communication
- Portfolio Management
- Sales Negotiation
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
- Lead the development and execution of the Market Diversification Business Plan – include competitive profiles, market maps, gap analysis and a strategic market approach.
- Grow business segments and leverage into other businesses and major sub areas of Ampacet where appropriate.
- Identify new markets that are consistent with the Ampacet vision and values.
- Identify and drive the creation of new product innovation.
- Own the development of the Market Diversification segment value propositions. Why buy from Ampacet?
- Market price stewardship and Market Diversification products pricing control – may delegate.
- Develop Ampacet technology and competitive capabilities for MD business segments.
- Manage the incubator product/market technology development.
- Identify new market opportunities for sustainable profitable growth.
- Supply Chain – Suppliers (Resin, TiO2, CB, Additives, Pigments)
- Develop relationships and stay on the cutting edge of new offerings.
- Ownership of ETP Resin companies that feed the Market Diversification segments.
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, material science, or chemical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ plastic industry experience in a position demonstrating business development with a strong technical component.
- Demonstrated Business Leadership and Acumen.
- Demonstrated Team Leadership.
- Demonstrated competency in collaboration and as a customer liaison.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with polymers, color concentrates, or chemical additives is also desirable.
- Strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to allow value-added recommendations and insight.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be comfortable giving presentations and conducting customer meetings.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office software and network use is necessary.
- Up to 50-60% travel to customer locations, Ampacet plants, trade shows, etc., will be required. Must be available to travel with limited notice.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.