Position: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Senior Manager
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Working closely with and at the direction of the HR Senior Manager, this position is responsible for performing HR-related generalist duties supporting the US and Canada operations. Areas of responsibility include staffing, compliance reporting, policy and program administration, HRIS, talent development, compensation and employee relations.
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
- Recruit, screen, interview, and select applicants for non-exempt through exempt manager-level positions.
- Manage the new hire onboarding process, conduct new-employee orientation and other training as needed.
- Prepare and update job descriptions.
- Maintain HRIS records and compile reports from the database as needed. Provide support and training for plant HR representatives. Assist with updating and maintaining accuracy of employee information on company intranet, talent management program and organization charts.
- Participate in the annual compensation review process.
- Complete annual government reports (EEO-1, Vets-100 reports), EEO surveys and Supplier Diversity letters. Provide HR information to actuaries and auditors, members of management and accounting, and outside government agencies as required.
- Contribute to the development, administration and distribution of corporate policies and procedures. Ensure policy and practices are upheld and properly interpreted. Maintain and update policies as necessary.
- Interact effectively and tactfully with all levels of employees, including senior management. Create and foster an environment for open and honest communication. Demonstrate success with gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with internal customers.
- Provide hands on guidance with employee relations and disciplinary counseling. Analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with applicable local, state and federal employment laws.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- BA or BS degree preferred with a major in Human Resources. Professional in Human Resources or comparable HR certification preferred.
- 5 plus years’ recruiting experience with a mix of exempt and non-exempt positions. At least 3 years’ within a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- 3 plus years’ HR generalist exposure in multiple HR functions
- Highly proficient in recruitment and selection process.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of human resources including employment laws and regulations, pay-related practices/process, talent management, benefits and company policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer expertise, including use of database programs, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- High level of credibility with maintaining confidential information
- Demonstrates integrity, ethical conduct and compassion when interacting with all levels of employees
- Effective communications skills with the ability to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside department
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.