Position: Human Resources Director, Asia Pacific
Location: Rayong, Thailand
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Managing Director, Asia Pacific/VP Human Resources
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 18 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
The Director of HR ensures that the HR function proactively supports and contributes to the development of the strategic business plan and objectives for the region. As a human resources generalist, this person is responsible for the design and administration of human resources policies and procedures for the region. Areas of responsibility include employee relations, labor relations, staffing, succession planning, compensation, benefits, training and development, safety and health programs within a multi-country, multi-lingual manufacturing industry.
- Building Organizational Talent (diversity)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Establishing Strategic Direction
- Cultivating Networks & Partnerships
- Compelling Communication
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Leading Change
- Coaching & Developing Others
- Driving Innovation
- Driving Execution
- Energizing the Organization
- Sharing Responsibility
- Personal Growth Orientation
- Operational Decision Making
- In coordination with the MD and Vice President of HR, work closely with Ampacet site HR managers within the region to maintain uniformity of HR programs and policies.
- Making/supporting key decisions on staffing, benefits, compensation, recruitment, and other HR responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Works with the management/leadership team to evaluate human resources needs of the organization based on strategic objectives of the business and implements programs and initiatives to address identified gaps.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops salary budget; analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Maintains a positive employee relations environment by encouraging open and honest dialog.
- Develop and maintain training & development plans for replacement & succession planning processes and procedures.
- Responds to employee relations issues, represents management in investigating, answering, and settling employee relations concerns and grievances.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Continuously seeking an awareness of what is in the best interest of Ampacet and its employees.
- Effectively prioritize & manage multiple projects for several people simultaneously
- Representing Ampacet in community activities and projects
- Performs all other additional projects and duties as assigned
- University degree preferred, or equivalent experience, especially with the main focus on Human Resources
- English language should be fluent both in the spoken and written form. Most likely necessary to communicate in Thai as well.
- 5 plus years’ of HR Generalist managerial experience in a multi-location, multi-lingual manufacturing industry
- 15 plus years’ of progressive HR experience
- Intensive knowledge about the legal employment conditions and the Group HR policies and requirements
- Experience in managing Labour Union and/or Works Council relations
- Complete set of wide HR competencies : labour law, compensation & benefits, people development
- Professional leadership experience
- Must be able to provide exceptional customer service.
- Able to travel 25% within the APAC region (35% 1st year) and occasional travel to other global locations
- Computer literacy
- This position must work full-time in the Rayong location