Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Information Technology Manager
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
Our Company Values:
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
The Senior Systems Administrator role is responsible for working with the global IT team in all aspects of networking – both LAN and WAN including VPN, wireless communications, and remote user support in a Microsoft Active Directory environment and Exchange. In addition, this role provides hardware and software support for systems and users.
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Continuous Learning
- Earning Trust
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- System administration including backup, security management, user account management, internet access, office systems.
- Applications administration and support including: MS Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business.
- Support server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications.
- Ensure optimal deployment of resources for hardware and software roll-outs.
- Provide project management and reporting.
- Assist in providing computer/network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Monitor and report on the status of licenses for applications to ensure compliance.
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide a high level of support to users.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems technology or 10 years IT experience. MCSE preferred
- Minimum of 7 years current experience as an Administrator
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS SharePoint 2010 is a “must”
- Advanced knowledge of MS Exchange 2010/2013
- Advanced knowledge of MS Skype for Business
- Ability to administer a Global network in a Microsoft AD environment
- Proficient with Microsoft networking Windows Server 2008, 2012 Wins; SCCM; DNS; AD; DHCP
- Knowledge of Windows servers and desktop products
- Knowledge of Certificates, renewals and implementations
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure hardware i.e. Switches, routers, wireless access points, CAT 6
- Knowledge of desktop applications, Microsoft Office 2013/2016, SQL Server 2008/2012/2016
- Experience w/ backup software & hardware Symantec Backup Exec / Veritas
- Familiar with Active Directory Group Policies and Preferences
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Highly developed verbal and written communications
- Must live within commuting distance of Tarrytown, NY
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.