Title: Technical Service Engineer – R&D
Department: Technical, North America
Reports to: Technical Service Manager
Location:Research & Development Center – Terre Haute, IN
Starting Salary:Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Employee Type:Full-time Employee
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the plastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
This position serves as the technical liaison between manufacturing, marketing and sales. The position will provide technical support to customers, sales, marketing and in-house personnel for the film group, and will assist with new product development projects and product introductions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support business growth initiatives through product design, evaluation, and qualification activities.
- Act as a primary technical coordinator for all aspects of assigned customers.
- Provide technical assistance, both written and verbal, to customers, sales, marketing and other in-house personnel.
- Develop new business through product innovation and internal studies.
- Present technical seminars to customers, field sales, and other in-house personnel.
- Travel to customers to assist with introducing new products, qualification trials and troubleshooting.
- Assist in developing technical brochures and other written material to support business activities.
- Develop a strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities in order to provide value-added recommendations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, material science, or engineering discipline is preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing or technical support function and related industry experience in a discipline such as technical service or manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of polymer processing with polyolefins, color concentrates, or chemical additives is highly desirable.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be comfortable giving presentations and conducting customer meetings.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of PC’s, software and network use is helpful.
- Approximately 30% travel to customer locations, Ampacet plants, trade shows, etc., will be required.
This position is located at Ampacet’s Research & Development Center in Terre Haute, IN. Domestic relocation assistance will be available for this position.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401k & tuition reimbursement.
To submit on-line please Click on and fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in Word format.
To apply by regular mail, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – R&D
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.