Position: Quality Manager
Department: Quality Control
Location: Heath, Ohio
Reports to: Plant Manager
Work Hours: Full-time Employee
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Starting Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Relocation: Domestic relocation assistance will be considered
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the overall compliance of Quality Systems with raw materials and finished product. This includes the plant quality control laboratories, creating and maintaining product specifications, initiating actions to prevent non-conformity, identify and resolve quality problems and complaints, as well as coordinating the disposition of non-conforming materials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and supervision for the quality team to ensure the integrity and timely completion of testing protocols. Set an example and by nurturing a healthy “positive” attitude towards the company and its management.
- Promote safety. Routinely inspect lab area for possible safety hazards and unsafe behavior. Correct potential safety problems on a timely basis. Ensure that all state and federal laws are implemented and enforced. Ensure all employees working in the lab are trained and adhere to proper lab safety practices.
- Ensure all products produced at the Heath Plant comply with an approved formulation from Ampacet Corporate.
- Plan, promote and organize training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with department on safety, housekeeping, new technology, testing protocols and other subjects that will broaden and improve the department’s total performance.
- Maintain Ampacet’s Quality System based on the ISO and GMP standards.
- Develop and document sampling plans for raw materials and finished product that provide a statistically accurate prediction of quality and performance.
- Develop and publish test methods as required for controlling the process and assuring receipts of quality raw materials meet performance standards. Review test methods with the Quality Manager – NA to ensure uniformity of methods.
- Establish means and methods of reporting that will ensure consistent and reliable presentation of data and performance.
- Stay abreast of new developments in materials, equipment and industry practices. Implement innovative changes that will improve department performance.
- Track, analyze and lead initiatives for all internal quality and customer complaint issues. Determine root cause, corrective action and implement changes as needed.
- Monitor complaint trends and recommend projects and actions for reduction of complaints.
- Participate in new product trials and test runs in the plant.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of laboratory supplies.
- Make recommendations and develop justification for capital items for the technical department.
- Travel to other Ampacet plants, customers, supplier plants and conferences as required.
- Carry out the directives of the Quality Manager-NA and communicate these changes to the Plant Manager.
- Assist and cooperate in activities that are deemed in the best interest of the corporation, i.e. assist sales, production, other plants, etc.
- Support and maintain a good working relationship with other departments, both locally and at other facilities.
- Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Quality Engineering, Quality Management or other hard science degree is preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in laboratory, technical or quality background. Minimum 5 years supervisor experience with quality control responsibilities. Previous QC management experience with responsibilities for multiple shifts is desired. ISO and cGMP experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills – able to perform materials evaluations and render technical opinions as to suitability. Proficient with developing testing and inspection methods, and standards and calibration protocols.
- Must have good organizational and verbal and written communications skills. Capable of writing and conducting training on quality protocols and testing methods.
- Expert knowledge in statistical process control. Proficient with Six Sigma and Lean tools including qualitative and quantitative statistics, e.g. Gauge R&R, Capability, etc.
- Color background is desired with experience in making color corrections, comprehensive knowledge of plastics testing and processing.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership skills.
- Experience with internal and external audits is desired.
- Must be effective in interacting with customers during plant visits and follow up with complaint investigations.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401k & tuition reimbursement.
Click to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in word format.
You may also apply by sending your resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Heath
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.