POSITION: Strategic Business Manager – Rigid Packaging
LOCATION: Mason, OH
DEPARTMENT: Business Development and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Development
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Bonus Eligible: Yes – maximum of 25% of base salary
Relocation: Domestic relocation assistance is available with this position
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
Organize and direct all of the necessary facets of the Rigid Packaging market segment to ensure the long term profit viability of the business. As a business generalist, the Strategic Business Manager (SBM) will be immersed in all aspects of the mainstream business, becoming the driving force of the business and taking ownership by exploring all possible approaches to increase profitability and market share. The SBM will work closely with sales, technical and manufacturing departments, along with key customers, to identify industry trends and to develop programs internally, so our entire organization can respond to meet evolving demands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the color development process and commercialization of new products at the assigned accounts.
- Create short and long-term strategic plans to maximize long term profits and market position
- Work with Rigid Packaging team to strategize and further develop current and targeted Consumer Packaging Goods companies (OEMs)
- Liaise with sales management in preparing written key account strategies developed in the strategic plan
- Establish strategic pricing and propose R&D activities for new product developments and direct commercial activities
- Manage direct reports for Rigid Packaging, Molders and OEMs
- Manage Rigid Packaging major accounts as required
- Visit current and new accounts with field sales to sustain, improve or initiate sales positions
- Direct the sales activities through sales management channels at key accounts that require a concentrated commercial, technical or product focus to achieve and sustain a high level of penetration
- Exploit opportunities, negotiate major sales contracts, introduce new products and solicit product needs
- Prepare annual forecast and budget
- Obtain and monitor market intelligence relating to Ampacet’s market position, key account trends and competitive conditions
- Actively participate in representing Ampacet at trade shows and trade association meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Business Development to assure the smooth and profitable operation of Ampacet
- Bachelor degree with MBA preferred
- 5-10 years Plastics industry knowledge, strategic business acumen and demonstrated proficiency with developing short and longer term business plans
- Experience and vision to grow the Rigid Packaging market
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to forge long term relationships at all levels – internally, within the industry and with customers
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects with attention to detail and collaboration of resources necessary to deliver results
- Excellent negotiation skills; ability to identify barriers and work out mutually beneficial deals for customer and Ampacet
- Proficient in delivering compelling presentations
- Overnight travel up to 50%
Please note that this position will be located at Ampacet’s Mason, OH office.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, 401k, and tuition reimbursement. Compensation will be determined based on experience and skill level.
To apply, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Marketing
Click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.