POSITION: Human Resources Representative
LOCATION: DeRidder, LA
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Bonus Eligible: Yes – maximum of 6% of base salary
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
The Human Resource Representative is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with plant management. This position assists in the administration of various human resource services and functions including payroll and benefits administration, staffing, employee relations and training. The HR Representative must be an employee advocate who acts as a liaison between management, salaried and non-salaried personnel insuring concerns are addressed and all policies and procedures are uniformly enforced.
- Function as a generalist in a variety of Human Resources activities.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and employment laws.
- Foster an environment of trust, respect and confidence with employees and plant management through effective interpersonal communications and the fair and consistent implementation of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate success with gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with internal customers.
- Update and maintain all plant and HR policies.
- Ensure human resources needs are met in a timely manner at all times.
- Recruit, interview, screen and select applicants for job openings. Fill open positions as required and complete necessary new hire paperwork.
- Obtain candidates from various sources including, local employment agencies, submitted resumes, employee referrals, etc.
- Ensure proper administration of employee leave for STD, LTD and FMLA.
- Assist with implementing, maintaining and training with employee development the succession planning program.
- Assist HRIS Administrator with maintaining human resource information system records and compile reports from the database as needed.
- Working closely with Corporate Senior Human Resources Manager with regard to policies, benefits, compensation, recruitment, discipline and other matters concerning employee relations.
- Conduct new employee orientation to include Company Work Rules and Regulations, personnel policies and procedures, and arrange safety and ISO training. Ensure required training documents are completed, signed and filed in the employee’s personnel file.
- Administration of health, life and disability insurance programs, including any changes which affect employee coverage
- Administration of Ampacet’s 401(k) Program, to include employee changes and processing of employee loans. Coordinate administration of Pension plan with Corporate HR.
- Ensure attendance records for all plant employees are properly maintained and issue discipline when necessary.
- Maintaining personnel files and records in accordance with Corporate and legal requirements
- Conduct and analyze annual local wage surveys regarding both salaried and non-salaried positions.
- Provide payroll oversight and backup support for processing the payroll. Analyze, prepare and input payroll data as required to produce accurate and timely payroll. Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions.
- Plan Company functions as needed including the annual picnic, holiday party and any other functions
- Represent Ampacet in community activities and projects
- Continuously seeking an awareness of what’s in the best interest of Ampacet and its employees. Attend HR seminars and conferences to continually gain knowledge of the HR function.
- Continuously maintain the highest level of ethics and always respect the confidences entrusted to this position
- All other additional projects as assigned by management
- BA or BS degree with major in Human Resources preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources or comparable HR certification preferred.
- 3–5 years’ HR generalist experience. Prior manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of human resources.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Computer expertise, including use of database programs, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Experience with ADP and HRIS Workforce Now is a plus
- High level of credibility with maintaining confidential information
- Demonstrate integrity, ethical conduct and compassion when interacting with all levels of employees
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, 401k, and tuition reimbursement. Compensation will be determined based on experience and skill level.
To apply, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources
Click to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in Word format.
You may also apply by sending your resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.