Position: Global Business Manager – Oriented Films (BOPP)
Reports to: Executive Director – Global Strategic Accounts
Responsible for the effective management of the Global Oriented Films Market by coordinating and initiating efforts to achieve Sales & Profit goals. Has total responsibility for developing coordinated business and technical strategies affecting the customers within this market. Accountable to manage profit / loss, understand global market dynamics and trends, and know the impact of these on the customers’ business. This will entail working closely with and in coordination of local and global Ampacet resources to:
- Establish sales goals, strategic plan and key initiatives for targeted Global Accounts.
- Implement global account business strategies and key initiatives.
- Develop and maintain favorable business relationships with new and existing multinational & regional customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers’ key decision makers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key raw material & machinery suppliers.
- Be aware and monitor external conditions and global industry changes that may impact customers and Ampacet.
- Ensure that Ampacet’s products and services consistently meet the customer’s needs.
- Resolve customer issues and problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop global & regional strategies and marketing plans supporting initiatives to grow Ampacet’s position and meet sales goals.
- Evaluate customer needs and Ampacet’s capabilities (i.e., GAP analysis). Identify requirements and recommend changes necessary to better service the customer.
- Drive innovation, new developments and value added services to this market.
- Strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to allow value-added selling.
- Establish a global database of the key customer defining personnel; markets; resources and their strategic initiatives.
- Must rely on extensive experience, knowledge of Ampacet’s core competencies and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Direct & drive internal resources (sales, marketing, technical, etc.) necessary to service customer requirements, negotiate and coordinate pricing, manage internal / external communications and meet project timelines.
- Ensure consistency in all internal & external communication concerning activities with global accounts.
- This would include educating our organization regarding critical success factors, risks and opportunities related to area of activity.
- Develop & deliver sales and marketing presentations as needed.
- Lead in the negotiation of global account contracts and coordinate details.
- Participate in professional organizations specific to the industry.
- University degree – Technical or Commercial; or equivalent experience
- Five plus years’ experience with Masterbatch and/or a deep understanding of the Oriented Films process/markets is necessary in order to understand our customers’ strategy and to identify the matching key factors that Ampacet can offer with the aim of gaining business.
- International experience in managing and conducting business in different countries.
- Strong experience and knowledge of polyolefins and some experience with engineered resins.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- English skills proficient enough to understand, create, write and present business documents and to make effective presentations.
- Proficient with WORD®, EXCEL® and POWERPOINT®.
- International travel is required (~ 40% or 1-1 ½ weeks/month).
Technical Skills & Training
- A working knowledge of various plastics processes such as extrusion and molding is preferred.
- Proficient at developing relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency with developing and implementing marketing and sales plans.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
- External: Customers (key decision makers) at the highest possible level.
- Internal: Managing Directors / General Managers; Plant / Site Managers, Logistics Directors, Technical Directors and Marketing Directors.
- Directly: Global Oriented Films R&D Manager
- Indirectly: Regional Ampacet Mkt/Sales Managers (assigned to Oriented Films), Oriented Films Technical and R&D personnel – who would be responsible for supporting the GBM.
Click to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in word format.
Principles only, no search firms please.
To apply by regular mail, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:Ampacet Corporation
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Global
Fax: : 812-466-1751
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.