Position: Color Chemist
Department: Color Lab
Location: 3801 North Fruitridge Ave,Terre Haute, IN 47804
Reports to:Color Lab Supervisor
Employee Type: Full-time Employee
Starting Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Bonus Eligible: 6% maximum of base salary
Ampacet Corporation is an international producer of a broad line of color and additive masterbatch for the plastics industry. We are recognized world over for quality and consistency.
Execute colormatches for various applications in various resins, with a specific focus on Engineering Resins (EGR’s) for the film and molding industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct colormatches at a high level of quality and efficiency
- Create formulations that meet customer specifications and cost parameters
- Formulate such that products manufacture at high efficiency
- Excel at multiple color matching techniques, coloring systems, & color solutions
- Function as the primary Color Chemist for EGR colormatches at the R&D Center
- Utilize strong knowledge and experience of resins, coloring systems, and processes to mentor & train fellow Color Chemists in colormatching for EGR’s.
- Excellent Color Vision and discretion
- Communicate verbally, orally, and written with a high degree of professionalism
- Maintain accurate & legible records that align with Ampacets ISO and GDP requirements
- Interface with and support internal & external customers where applicable
- Keep work area clean and orderly and adhere to all safety policies
- Work at a high level of efficiency and productivity to support Ampacet service commitments
- Provide support to Colorlab Sample Department on the processing & color corrections of EGR formulations when applicable
- Additional projects or tasks as assigned by Colorlab Supervisor or Color Technology Manager
- Minimum of 5 years of colormatching experience (minimum of 3 years with EGR’s)
- Must pass Farnsworth-Munsell Color Discretion Test
- High School Graduate, additional education helpful
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of colormatching for masterbatch experience, with a minimum of 3 of those years focused on colormatching for engineering resins. Formulating for multiple applications, including but not limited to film, injection molding, sheet extrusion, and thermoforming is required.
- This position will possess strong technical understanding and experience in all masterbatch formulating but with a specific focus on thermoplastics and thermoset resins. Utilizing various coloring methods and chemistries including pigments, dyes, and special effect type raw materials is expected. This person should also have a strong background in masterbatch as it relates to various colormatching equipment types & processes, extrusion equipment (twin and banbury), and convertor types (cast/blown film, injection molding, sheet extrusion, etc.) .
The candidate will be located at the Terre Haute R&D Center. Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Click to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in word format.
To apply, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
3701 North Fruitridge Ave.
Terre Haute, IN 47804
Fax: (812) 466-1751
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.