POSITION: Tax Accountant
REPORTS TO: Director of Tax and Legal Affairs
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full time employee
WORK LOCATION: Tarrytown NY
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
This role assists with and/or manages the preparation of taxes/tax related activities including:
- Fixed Asset recording, tracking and tax depreciation
- Property Tax return compliance
- Sales & Use tax compliance
- Tax audits (federal, state, sales & use tax)
- Corporate (federal and state) tax return compliance
- Responding to notices from tax authorities
- Tax planning (domestic and international)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare state sales & use tax and property tax returns.
- Maintain tax depreciation records.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger for property tax returns.
- Prepare federal, state and local corporate income/franchise tax returns and related work papers.
- Prepare federal, state and local tax extensions and estimated payments.
- Assist with preparation of annual tax accrual.
- Assist with tax research and planning (federal, state and international).
- Assist in audit defense for all tax audits.
- Assist in the general ledger analysis of tax account balances.
- Review tax returns for all foreign subsidiaries.
- Assist with Earnings and Profits calculations and maintain going forward
- Stay current with tax changes that impact the business.
- Respond to notices from tax authorities.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Master’s degree in Tax strongly preferred
- 3–5 years or more experience in preparation of corporate Federal and State tax returns.
- Diversified public accounting and/or private industry experience in tax preparation, research and planning experience is ideal
- Indirect Tax Experience
- Personal Property Tax experience
- Sales Tax experience
- Experience working with a Fixed Asset reporting system (BNA) and/or Property Tax Software
- Income Tax Experience (strongly preferred)
- Federal/State and Local Compliance experience
- Knowledge of CorpTax software a plus
- ASC 740 Tax Provision experience preferred.
- Strong analytical decision making skills.
- Strong computer skills with advanced working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Experience with PowerPoint a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work well independently and in group situations.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Must be able to maintain a strict level of confidentiality at all times.
- Must be a high-energy person who possesses a positive attitude.
- Ability to develop trust and confidence with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal and follow-up skills required. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of employees.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.