Position: Sales Representative
Territory includes: MN, IA, NE, SD – and limited customers in ND, WY, MT, and ID
Reports to: North West Regional Manager
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Account Planning
- Leveraging a Winning Sales Strategy
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
- High Impact Communication
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Building Influential Partnerships
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- Continuous Learning
- Sales Negotiation
Responsible for direct customer contact and for developing and implementing sales plans and strategies to meet assigned sales goals. Develop new opportunities at select OEM locations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential accounts in territory.
- Call on key accounts in territory at least once every two to six weeks.
- Maintain contact with Major Accounts in territory.
- Support the Strategic Business Unit Managers’ and Major Account Managers’ strategy for area accounts.
- Build relationships and develop business at targeted OEM locations.
- Maintain awareness of competitors’ activities in order to proactively retain business.
- Spend one day per week in the office, typically on a Friday, to complete all necessary administrative work, including: call reports, expense reports, updating contact records, completing requested status reports, appointment scheduling, customer follow-up, etc.
- Provide Regional Manager with bi-weekly itinerary and weekly and or monthly reports as needed.
- Review weekly the actual territory sales performance and expenses with Regional Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or Chemistry and 3 – 5 years of color concentrate/ compounding experience with particular emphasis in blow molding, injection molding, sheet extrusion, compounding and marketing skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and follow-up skills required.
- Proficient computer skills: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Dynamics CRM customer relationship management software.
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 60% of the time.
- Note: The preferred geographic location of this position will be in the Minneapolis St Paul MN or the Des Moines IA area. The candidate will work out of their home office.
- Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Or email: email@example.com
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.