Position: Sales Representative
Location: Territory 28 South-East Region.
Territory includes: GA (South I-20), AL (South I-20), FL, MS
Reports to: Southeast Regional Manager
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services solutions for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
We are seeking a Sales Representative based out their home office in the Georgia/Florida area to cover a regional territory that includes Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi. The Sales Rep will be calling on targeted OEMs and other customers and prospects in a well-established territory to continue to service and grow our business by seeking out opportunities to provide solutions. The ideal candidate for this role will have 3-5 years of experience in color concentrate/ compounding with particular emphasis in blow molding, injection molding, sheet extrusion, compounding and film — and is looking to take their career to the next level with a well-respected, privately held, and stable global company.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Responsible for direct customer contact and for developing and implementing sales plans and strategies to meet assigned sales goals. Develop new opportunities at select OEM locations.
Position Level Competencies:
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Account Planning
- Leveraging a Winning Sales Strategy
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
- High Impact Communication
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Building Influential Partnerships
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- Continuous Learning
- Sales Negotiation
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and prospects in the assigned territory.
- Responsible and accountable for the attainment of revenue, volume and margin dollar growth for the accounts in the territory.
- Responsible, along with the Regional Sales Manager, for formulating an annual sales budget for the territory.
- Work as a member of an internal team to delight the customer.
- Call on key accounts in the assigned territory at least once every two to six weeks.
- With assistance of the Technical Service Team, provide customers with technical support to best meet their needs and respond to questions.
- Maintain contact with Major Accounts in territory, in conjunction with Major Account Manager.
- Support the Strategic Business Unit Managers’ and Major Account Managers’ strategy for area accounts.
- Build relationships and develop business at targeted OEM locations.
- Maintain awareness of competitors’ activities in order to proactively retain business.
- Collect market information related to market needs, price level, and service requirements and advise Regional Manager of industry trends, current resin pricing, competitive activity and all other pertinent intelligence.
- Spend one day per week in the office, typically on a Friday, to complete all necessary administrative work, including: call reports, expense reports, updating contact records, completing requested status reports, appointment scheduling, customer follow-up, etc.
- Provide Regional Manager with bi-weekly itinerary and weekly and or monthly reports as needed and review actual territory sales performance and expenses.
- Continuously improve personal knowledge of the latest sales techniques, as well as improve technical knowledge and product knowledge.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or Chemistry and 3 – 5 years of color concentrate/ compounding experience with particular emphasis in blow molding, injection molding, sheet extrusion, compounding and film.
- 3 – 5 years of experience selling materials to OEMs (such as Masterbatch, steel, PVC, chemicals).
- Bias to action, excellent communication, organizational and follow-up skills required.
- Desire to grow a career in sales and sales team management and/or major account management longer term
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and exposure to customer relationship management software.
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 60% of the time, majority of travel will be driving (company car provided).
- Clean driving record
- Note: The geographic location of this position will be in the Atlanta, GA, Southern GA, Orlando, FL or Tampa, FL and candidates must live in this area (and will work from home office).
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a company car.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.