POSITION: Regulatory Chemist
REPORTS TO: Regulatory Supervisor
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full time employee
WORK LOCATION: R&D Center, Terre Haute, IN
Ampacet is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates, and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
Maintain the integrity and quality of our North American raw material data base that drives our global regulatory programs such as Safety Data Sheets and other required regulatory documentation as required for customers. Work with internal customers as well as both domestic and international suppliers (through our subsidiaries) to assure timely, accurate information required to drive these programs. Provide customers with product safety FDA regulatory compliance information relative to specific regulations. Support plants, customers, laboratories and Technical Service with regulatory information as required.
- Maintain current Raw Material program including: raw material assessment, data entry and approvals.
- Monitor Safety Data Sheet program to ensure accuracy of data such as raw materials, supplier and customer information.
- Maintain current procedures and process through coordination of creation & publishing SDS and hazard labels.
- Research raw materials to determine potential FDA food contact/health, safety and environmental issues. This includes all items listed above and new issues as they become known.
- Create documentation to provide regulatory compliance information on Ampacet products i.e.: SDS, FDA, Heavy Metals/CONEG, Proposition 65, National Inventories such as TSCA, Canada DSL/NDSL, European EINECS, Animal Derived Status, Various Undesirable Components inquiries as requested, Agency Submissions/DMF, HPB, NSF, etc.
- Daily contact with customers and Ampacet sales, laboratory and technical staff regarding product safety issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Health Sciences, Safety/Environmental or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 6 months to a 1 year related experience (such as an internship) preferred
- Strong math skills, understanding of basic chemistry, health, safety and environmental issues
- Strong background in computing skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of processed and raw materials
- Basic knowledge of FDA, OSHA, GHS and other applicable state, federal and international laws relating to Ampacet
- Must have good organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent research, prioritization and problem Solving skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, able to work well alone or in group situations
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent full benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.