Position: Market Development Manager – Compounding
Department: Business Development and Marketing
Location: Mason OH preferred
Reports To: Strategic Business Manager, Market Diversification
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Responsible for developing business with compounders. Responsible for evaluating and launching a compound product offering to support other Market Development efforts, including processor and OEM activities with direct sales and specification responsibilities for these accounts within North America.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and implement a comprehensive Market Development plan targeting the compounding and masterbatch markets. Initiate and manage product development projects, pricing, and forecasts.
- Establish relationships with targeted compounders to ensure awareness of Ampacet. Work with product engineering, design/brand, manufacturing and purchasing groups to fully understand the potential of the account and position Ampacet for success.
- Help develop plant processing know-how and procedures for engineering thermoplastic products.
- Introduce Ampacet’s products and value proposition; travel to customers to make business presentations with key focus on profitable, value added color, black, white and additive business with compounders.
- Work closely with Ampacet technical and manufacturing departments to identify requirements and recommend changes needed to better service the customer base.
- Update database and effectively communicate progress.
- Develop/maintain a strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to allow value-added selling.
- Assist the Strategic Business Manager in developing annual sales and marketing goals and objectives for assigned accounts and market segments.
- Visit the Corporate Headquarters and key plant locations of each assigned strategic account as deemed necessary to secure and/or service these accounts; develop a rapport with key decision makers to further develop the present business and gain insight into potential future business.
- Review with the Strategic Business Manager actual sales and expense performance versus budget and recommend corrective action where and when needed.
- Manage the product development process (color matching, sample fulfillment and color standard management) at specified accounts.
- Review and assess all sales reports and computer programs relating to assigned accounts and request/recommend modifications and improvements to Sales Service and MIS personnel.
- Review all product returns and/or rejections by assigned accounts, determine reasons for the return, and issue credit authorization, where appropriate.
- Review all major accounts’ call reports to determine activity and progress of time spent at major accounts by individual managers and sales people
- Provide high-level customer service requests as needed.
- Maintain awareness of market and competitive activities at assigned accounts and disseminate the information throughout the organization.
- Building Influential Partnerships
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Continuous Learning
- Creating Demand Through Insight
- Customer Focus
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- High Impact Communication
- Portfolio Management
- Sales Negotiation
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
- BS degree, Chemistry, Chemical Engineer or Plastics Engineering preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility consistent with the requirements of this position.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Compounding Materials Development or in a Masterbatch manufacturing environment with responsibilities for sales required.
- Experience/strong understanding of product development, product manufacturing procedures and process capabilities.
- Knowledge of the compounding of materials and process required. A working knowledge of other plastics processes in addition to injection molding including blow molding, compression molding, and thermoforming.
- Demonstrated proficiency with developing and implementing marketing and sales plans.
- Leadership skills that include the ability to lead through vision and strategy, drive innovation and growth, energize and develop people, deliver outstanding results and consistently demonstrate integrity and character consistent with Ampacet values.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills
- Regional travel is required (up to 80% travel with an average of 50%)
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.