Position: Lean Sigma Manager
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Location: Open to any North American Ampacet location, Mason OH preferred
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Building Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Facilitating Change
- Driving Innovation
- Delegation & Empowerment
- Inspiring Others
- Creating a Culture of Trust
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organizing
- Building Talent
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Safety Leadership
- Continuous Learning
The Lean Sigma manager is responsible for administering North American Lean Sigma (Continuous Improvement) and Sustainability Programs. The Lean Sigma Manager is also responsible for the maintenance of and the related document control of Lean and Sustainability records for the North America region.
- Identify and manage Continuous Improvement, Lean, and Sustainable projects and initiatives throughout North America Plants
- always creating or searching for opportunities which will have significant impact on business
- help change business habits to support growth and profitability goals
- Acknowledge and provide project deliverables in terms of financial savings
- Assist Plant Managers and personnel in defining and scoping opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for tracking and reporting activity and results to Director of Manufacturing and Plant Managers
- Review and update training and methodology to meet corporate requirements
- Periodically review and recommend updates on corporate/plant lean policies
- Set corporate lean and sustainability goals under the direction of the Director of Manufacturing
- Perform periodic review of performance on meeting goals
- Provide responses to customer sustainability inquiries
- Continue to improve methodology and tools used in lean or sustainable improvement projects
- Maintain confidentiality on product formulas, equipment designs, product selling prices and Ampacet procedures and instructions
- Upgrade knowledge in order to remain effective in the profession.
- Attend conferences as well as continuing-education and development activities.
- Management of and Implementation of the continuous-improvement program:
- contributes to define the program parameters
- identifies areas of improvement
- implements a deployment plan for the continuous-improvement program
- ensures the plan’s follow-up
- evaluates performance of the improvements
- provides training and tools
- Bachelor’s in Business, Engineering or related discipline required
- Lean Sigma Certified and/or Six Sigma Black Belt with 5 years’ of demonstrated experience leading and facilitating lean initiatives, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels of the organizational structure
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to travel >30%
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent full benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.