Title: HR Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Senior Manager
Location: Tarrytown, NY
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Ampacet is a leader in providing color and additives solutions to the plastics industry around the world. Our HR team is a strategic partner in supporting Ampacet’s core values and ensuring our employees can achieve their potential.
Our North America HR team is seeking an experienced HR Generalist. Reporting to the Human Resources Senior Manager, this position is responsible for performing HR-related generalist duties in support of Ampacet’s US and Canada operations. Areas of responsibility include staffing/recruitment, compliance reporting, policy and program administration, and employee relations. The Generalist will also contribute to HRIS administration, talent development and training.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter with generalist experience across a variety of HR disciplines, particularly recruitment, in a corporate or plant environment in the manufacturing industry.
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Continuous Learning
- Earning Trust
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Recruit, interview, screen, and assist in the selection of applicants for entry-level non-exempt up through exempt manager-level positions.
- Manage onboarding processes, conduct new-employee orientation and other training as needed. Review new hire documents and complete necessary paperwork.
- Prepare, maintain, and update job descriptions and internal/external communications.
- Provide support to the implementation, on-going maintenance and the administration of the Halogen talent management system.
- Maintain HRIS records and compile reports from the database as needed. Provide support and training for plant representatives. Assist with updating and maintaining accuracy of employee information on company intranet, talent management system, and organization charts.
- Administer the tuition reimbursement program. Counsel and guide employees on the tuition reimbursement process, obtain the necessary management approvals, generate the final reimbursement paperwork, and facilitate payments with Payroll.
- Administer the Pension Plan: Maintain accurate files, interact with vendor(s) to perform pension calculations, field participant’s retirement questions, administer the pension paperwork process for retiring employees in timely manner, interact with pensioners to process any changes while in pay status, create the annual pension census, process annual mailings, and serve as the main point of contact in annual audits.
- Complete annual government reports (EEO-1, Vets-100 reports), EEO surveys and Supplier Diversity letters. Provide HR information to actuaries and auditors, members of Management and Accounting, and outside government agencies as required.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with applicable local, state and federal employment laws.
- Contribute to the development, administration and distribution of corporate policies and procedures. Ensure policy and practices are upheld and properly interpreted. Maintain and update policies on the Intranet as necessary.
- Ensure that human resources needs are met in a timely manner. Respond to HR inquiries in a proactive manner.
- Interact effectively and tactfully with all levels of employees, including senior management.
- Create and foster an environment for open and honest communication. Demonstrate success with gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with internal customers.
- Provide hands-on guidance with employee relations and disciplinary counseling.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education: BA or BS degree preferred with a major in Human Resources or closely related discipline. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or comparable HR certification preferred.
- 5 plus years’ experience recruiting/staffing a mix of exempt and non-exempt positions.
- 3 plus years’ corporate HR generalist experience across multiple HR functions
- At least 3 years’ HR experience within manufacturing environment/industry
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of human resources. Proficient in recruitment, competency-based interviewing, and selection process.
- Training & Development, HRIS, and benefits experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of pay-related practices/process, and general company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer expertise, including use of database programs, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Experience with HRIS / ADP Workforce Now and/or Halogen is a plus
- Demonstrates integrity, ethical conduct and compassion when interacting with all levels of employees and a high level of credibility maintaining confidential information
- Effective communications skills with the ability to develop a cooperative work relationships with others inside and outside department and all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.