Position: Export Administrator
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Reports to: Export Supervisor
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Primary Function: Responsible for customer order entry and order management, including all follow-up activity. Provide administrative support to the Export Department.
- Enter and follow-up on sales orders for Export customers and Subsidiaries
- Preparation of Import / Export documentation
- Prepare and process price quotes for Export department
- Request and reconcile end of month inventories from Export Warehouse
- Publish Product Data Sheets and Material Safety Data Sheets for customers
- Manage and coordinate import of raw materials with Ampacet Purchasing
- Coordinate miscellaneous international freight shipments and deliveries
- Manage and coordinate import/export shipments with freight brokers
- Perform other department related administrative duties as required
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
- High School graduate (post high school education / training is a plus).
- Customer service experience.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Experience with import/export documentation highly desired.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Working knowledge in MS Word and Excel is required.
- Must be self-confident, courteous and have the ability to tactfully handle various personalities and export / customer service related problems.
- A strong interest and concern for providing professional customer service and satisfaction.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented work ethic required.
- Ability to work with numbers and excellent keyboard/data-entry skills.
- Available for occasional flexible work hours or overtime when needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.