Title: Country Manager, Australia/New Zealand
Department: Ampacet APAC General Management
Reports to: Managing Director, APAC
Location: Dandenong, Melbourne, Australia
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
The Country Manager is responsible for providing strategic direction and successful administration/execution of all Ampacet Australia and New Zealand business processes, including Sales, Technical, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain, Accounting, Human Resources and Manufacturing. The position ensures that all functional objectives are aligned with Ampacet’s business priorities, initiatives are established, and goals are achieved, by regional departmental and functional leadership, and maintains administrative responsibility for all personnel. The Country Manager also actively participates with other senior staff members in the ANZ and the APAC region to identify appropriate capital investment opportunities.
- Compelling Communication
- Cultivating Networks & Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Leading Change
- Driving Innovation
- Coaching & Developing Others
- Sharing Responsibility
- Energizing the Organization
- Driving Execution
- Customer Focus
- Establishing Strategic Direction
- Building Organizational Talent (diversity)
- Business Acumen
- Operational Decision Making
- Personal Growth Orientation
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and motivate a cohesive management team that demonstrates Ampacet Company Values to meet short and long term objectives and engagement of the workforce.
- Energize the organization through effective leadership and continually encourage employees to engage in innovation ideation and continuous improvement. Evaluate customer needs and Ampacet’s capabilities (i.e., GAP analysis) to identify requirements and recommend changes necessary to better service the customer.
- Lead and sponsor activities to ensure that all of our safety, environmental, and social responsibility programs meet local and global regulations and employee development programs improve personnel development and employee engagement.
- The safety and security of all employees is the highest priority – ensure that physical assets are maintained to high standards with due concern for costs.
- Enhance Ampacet’s image within the plastics industry through all appropriate mediums within the region.
- Manage the P&L for the region and establish and execute strategic plans and actions to deliver desired operating profit and business objectives.
- Prepare comprehensive annual budgets for responsible departments: expenses, personnel, capital investments, etc.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports reflecting the responsible departments operations and its performance against budgets and performance goals.
- Evaluate regional dynamics such as geo-political and industry changes and business trends to recommend action plans to maximize RONA in the region. With assistance of HR, department heads and functional managers: hire, train, promote, develop, motivate, and when necessary, discipline, personnel.
- Ensure policies, procedures and guidelines are being followed within the spirit of Ampacet’s Purpose and Values.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- BS / BA College Graduate; MBA desired
- 6-8 years’ experience preferably in two main areas such as Technical/R&D, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain or Operations within the Plastics or related industry.
- 4 or more years’ experience in a management/leadership role with P&L responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work with in a matrix organization; leading people through objectives.
- Advanced analytical skills and business acumen is needed to plan, organize and then coordinate the necessary resources within the organization to achieve budget for the region.
- Understanding of P&L and general financial statements.
- Willing to travel 25% of the time
- Fluent in English
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a stable working environment.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under national or local laws, regulations or ordinances.