POSITION: Human Resources Representative
LOCATION: Tarrytown, NY
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Senior Human Resources Manager
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
The Human Resources Representative is responsible for the administration of various human resource services and functions including staffing, HRIS administration, talent management and other generalist responsibilities.
- Function as a generalist in a variety of Human Resources activities
- Recruit, interview, screen and select applicants for non-exempt and exempt level job openings
- Conduct new employee orientation and other training as needed. Review required new hire documents and complete necessary paperwork for the new hire process.
- Prepare and update job descriptions
- Provide support with implementing, maintaining and administration of the Talent Management Program
- Assist HRIS Administrator with maintaining employee records and compile reports from the database as needed. Assist with updating and maintaining accuracy of employee information on company intranet
- Administer the tuition reimbursement program
- Complete annual government reports and surveys and provide HR information to appropriate authorized internal and external personnel and agencies
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with applicable local, state and federal employment laws
- Contribute to the development, administration and distribution of corporate policies and procedures. Maintain and update policies on the intranet as necessary
- Ensure Human Resources needs are met in a timely manner at all times
- Interact effectively and tactfully with all levels of employees, up to and including Senior Management; respond to HR inquiries in a timely and proactive manner. Demonstrate success with gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with internal customers. Create and foster an environment of open and honest communication
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- BA or BS degree required, with major in Human Resources preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources or comparable HR certification preferred.
- 3–5 years’ HR generalist experience, preferably in a multi-state corporate organization
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources. Proficient in recruitment and selection process. Experience with Halogen Talent Management a plus
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and computer skills including MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, PP, Excel)
- HRIS / ADP Workforce Now experience is strongly preferred
- High level of credibility with maintaining confidential information. Understands the importance of administrative excellence as a core HR competency
- Demonstrate integrity, ethical conduct and compassion when interacting with all levels of employees
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.