Ampacet Job Posting – Technical Service Engineer – Mason, OH
POSITION: Technical Service Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Technical Service & Development
REPORTS TO: Manager of Technical Service & Development
LOCATION: Mason, OH or Terre Haute, IN preferred, but could work from a home office location if close to a major airport in the Midwest.
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 18 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
The Technical Service Engineer provides advanced technical support and knowledge to Ampacet customers and serves as the technical liaison internally between Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales teams. The Tech. Service Engineer also provides assistance with development projects for new products or enhancements.
- Act as the primary technical coordinator for all aspects relating to assigned Molding, Extrusion Blow Molding, and/or Films customers.
- Provide technical assistance, both written and verbal, to customers, Sales and other in-house personnel.
- Support business growth initiatives through product design, evaluation, and qualification activities.
- Travel to customer locations to assist in conducting qualification trials and troubleshooting.
- Present technical seminars for customers, Field Sales and other in-house personnel.
- Assist in maintaining product reference lists for field and internal use. Develop technical brochures and other written material to support business activities.
- Actively promote existing products as well as newly developed technologies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Material Science, or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related film/flexibles, molding, and/or extrusion blow molding plastic industry experience in a discipline such as technical service or manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with polyolefins, color concentrates, or chemical additives is desirable.
- Strong understanding of customer products and blown/cast film process capabilities to allow value-added recommendations and trouble-shooting insight.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be comfortable giving presentations and conducting customer meetings.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office software and network use is necessary.
- Up to 60% travel to customer locations, Ampacet plants, trade shows, etc., will be required. Must be available to travel with limited notice.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
This position can be located at either Ampacet’s Mason, OH or Terre Haute, IN office, or remotely from a home office if located close to a major airport in the Midwest.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.