Position: Process Engineer
Reports to: Manufacturing Director, North America
Location: Any Ampacet North American Plant location, Terre Haute, IN or Heath, OH preferred
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Primary Function: To assist the Manufacturing Director ANA in all areas of production and testing required. This position works in conjunction with R&D on existing products, product modifications and new products to evaluate process capabilities and recommend Ampacet manufacturing line selection to achieve the optimal process and product quality that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review new formulations to verify processing capability within Ampacet manufacturing assets.
- Review old formulation to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Liaison between R&D LAB trials and Manufacturing to confirm first runs are successful.
- Evaluate process capability of engineered thermoplastics (ETP) formulations.
- Provide project updates to the Corporate Process Manger and advise of any problems encountered.
- Safeguard Ampacet proprietary information and equipment. Follow all Ampacet North America (NA) safety policies and protocols.
- Conduct product trials at NA plants as required and maintain trial / project records.
- Assist the Corporate Process Manger in any additional duties assigned.
- Stay abreast of new developments with ETP’s and evaluate opportunities where these can positively impact Ampacet products.
- Utilize a strong understanding of Ampacet NA processing capabilities
- Travel to NA plant locations for product trials.
- BS in Engineering required, Polymer or Chemistry/Chemical studies highly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in processing ETP colors with twin screw extruders required.
- Analytical / problem solving skills related to product and process required.
- Good verbal, written and presentation communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs Word / Excel / PowerPoint and database management programs.
- Overnight travel of >=35% including travel to Canada and Mexico.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status
- Experience formulating additive and color Masterbatch.
- Experience processing and formulating Engineered Thermoplastics.
- Experience in Compounding.
- Experience in high loading of organic pigments.
- Experience in Flame Retardants and other performance additives.
- Knowledge or liquid or pril colorants.
- Underwater pelletizing troubleshooting experience.
- In depth knowledge of ETP extrusion processing, preferably in Masterbatch.
- Working knowledge of a carbon black, additives and a broad range of polymers.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.