Position: Human Resources Administrator
Department: Terre Haute Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Provide Human Resources support to the Terre Haute location including processing payroll and administrative support to the Human Resources Manager, Plant and R&D management.
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
- Administration and processing of Terre Haute location payroll.
- Administering the employee health program, including scheduling of annual physical exams, hearing and pulmonary testing for the Terre Haute Site.
- Support recruitment and new hire onboarding processes.
- Arranging post-job offer physicals.
- Assisting with completion of all necessary paperwork for new hires.
- Assisting employees with any insurance issues.
- Maintain policy manuals and revisions.
- Assist in planning all local company functions to include the annual picnic, holiday party and other special events for the Terre Haute plant and R&D Center.
- Maintaining attendance records for all Terre Haute Site employees.
- Maintaining file system of all training information for the Terre Haute Plant and R&D Center personnel.
- Maintain files on: Authorized Company Vehicle Drivers’ License, Permits and Testing files, Housekeeping Inspection Reports, Weekend Call and Housekeeping Schedules.
- Assist other departments as needs arise due to shortages caused by vacation, illness, special projects etc.
- Perform clerical duties (typing/filing) for shift supervisors as needed.
- Attend HR seminars and conferences as required.
- Always foster a positive and supportive image to all contacts with respect to the Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Human Resource Manager and Ampacet in general.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate (two-year) degree or higher in Human Resources, business or related discipline.
- HR certification a plus
- 2 -3 years’ of experience in an HR role within a corporate or manufacturing setting
- Experience processing payroll using a recent version of ADP Workforce Now required
- Proven experience working with highly confidential information
- Must have MSOffice functional skills in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- HRIS experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – self-confident; courteous; responds tactfully and professionally to questions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking and detail-oriented work ethic required.
- Reliable and available for occasional flexible work hours or overtime when needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.