Ampacet Job Posting – Corporate Credit Director – Tarrytown, NY
Position: Corporate Credit Director
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Reports to: Corporate Treasurer
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 18 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
The Corporate Credit Director leads the credit team and function for Ampacet Corporation. The Director is responsible for creating/modifying policies to mitigate credit risk, investigating customers’ credit risk, extending credit lines, and assessing collection risk. The Credit Director also evaluates internal processes, keeps current with industry standards and regulatory requirements, and continuously reviews processes, strategies, portfolio trends and market conditions to ensure alignment with the company’s risk appetite, profitability, market share and global objectives. The Credit Director works closely with the commercial team, as well as management at all levels across the organization.
- Develop and lead the Credit team with a focus on value-added activities and maintaining a high level of productivity, integrity and trust. Ensure the department is positioned to respond to company growth and customer requirements, supporting the global credit function as needed. Support the credit team’s professional development and growth.
- Evaluate customer financial risk profiles, including operational risk, to mitigate exposure to bad debt. Analyze and interpret financial statements, credit ratings, country and political risk, business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures to understand and alleviate risk. Work closely with the sales/commercial team to promote sales growth protecting the company’s assets.
- Review high-risk/high-exposure relationships and implement controls to avoid losses. Balance risk/revenue/profitability tradeoffs in a manner that is consistent with corporate objectives.
- Evaluate the cost of modified terms of sale, special finance-related customer requirements, including trade finance programs sponsored by financial institutions.
- Review and evaluate financial/legal documents, including consignment agreements, purchase money security agreements, trade finance agreements, corporate and personal guaranty’s, corporate resolutions, letters of credit, sight drafts, bank acceptances/guaranty’s, documentary collection drafts, uniform commercial code filings, promissory notes, lien searches, confidentiality agreements etc.
- Act as a liaison for all credit-related legal matters, collaborating with legal counsel to ensure maximum recoveries of non-performing accounts, reclamation claims and administrative proceedings, bankruptcy filings, preference claims, creditors committee, and if needed interacting with title companies, etc.
- Visit key customers to obtain financial information to support their credit line and build ongoing relationships.
- Manage vendor relationships, trade insurance compliance and understand potential regulatory requirements. Lead implementation/integration of 3rd party software solutions.
- Maintain membership and participation in relevant professional associations.
- Work with finance/external auditors to establish bad debt reserve.
- Compile credit metrics.
- Building Organizational Talent
- Business Acumen
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Compelling Communication
- Cultivating Networks & Partnerships
- Customer Focus
- Driving Execution
- Driving Innovation
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Energizing the Organization
- Establishing Strategic Direction
- Leading Change
- Operational Decision Making
- Personal Growth Orientation
- Sharing Responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Finance/Accounting major preferred.
- 10+ years’ of experience in Corporate Credit required. Plastics or Chemicals Industry experience strongly preferred.
- Credit Business Executive and/or professional certifications preferred.
- Proven experience analyzing and interpreting Financial Statements, Credit Ratings, Country and Political Risk required.
- Working knowledge of Commercial Lending and Commercial Business Law and practices.
- Strong due diligence understanding, including process and corporate credit documentation.
- Experience in mitigation of risk.
- Strong analytical (qualitative/quantitative), business and financial acumen, organizational, time management, critical thinking, and relationship building skills and experience.
- Adaptable, ready, willing, and able to roll up sleeves and dig in to find solutions.
- Prior team management with ability to motivate and help team members enhance skills and develop professionally.
- Superb communication and negotiations skills.
- Solid technical skills and experience with ERP systems (JDE preferred), MS Office, FIS Global Credit Software (GETPAID), bank software.
- Expertise utilizing Credit Risk Monitor.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.