Ampacet Job Posting – Collections Representative (Part Time) – Tarrytown, NY
Position: Collections Representative (Part Time)
Department: Corporate Credit
Reports to: Credit Manager
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 18 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
Our Company Values:
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Earning Trust
- Managing Work
- Safety Focus
The Collections Representative is responsible for contacting delinquent customers to collect payments and settle accounts, facilitate and manage customer disputes. This role has latitude to work independently to proactively research and resolve collection issues. Must have the ability to effectively communicate with customers at all levels of management, including internal customer service, sales and marketing representatives. This position requires persistence, strong attention to detail, organizational and follow up skills.
- Solely responsible for daily collection of past-due accounts, communicating collection issues to management and resolving account discrepancies. Responsibilities include ad hoc administrative tasks to secure customer payments, providing itemized statements and reviewing account history with customers.
- Proactively research and follow through by elevating difficult collection matters within our customer’s chain of command. This may require direct communication with our customer’s CEO, CFO, Controller or Procurement Executives. Review purchase orders for inconsistencies that may delay payment of invoices.
- Persistently question the timing of payments beyond the established terms of sale. Reinforce established terms, notify the Credit Manager of any collection issues or inconsistencies relative to the terms of sale and promote payment by electronic funds transfer (ACH) whenever possible.
- Modify collection software strategies based on customer responsiveness as required. Call rather than e-mail redundantly; persistence is critical.
- Accurately enter electronic payments (ACH, Fed wires) cash receipts payment details directly into the bank software to accelerate cash receipts automation and minimize reconciling exceptions. Proactively notify the Sr. Credit Representative of any lockbox data errors requiring data input corrections in the bank software.
- Manage and drive the collection process in order to maintain industry leading levels in day’s sales outstanding.
- Prepare weekly four-week forward cash forecast.
- Facilitate and collaborate with Sales and Customer Service to resolve short payments, or discrepancies in a timely manner. This includes purchase order discrepancies related to terms of sale, pricing, or quantity.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with all internal departments primarily for the purpose of exchanging information and resolving issues related to accounts receivable.
- Transmit customer invoices through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) platforms for participating customers. It is critical to transmit EDI transactions accurately and timely.
- Prepare monthly trade activity schedule for credit management review and distribution.
- Utilize all available resources to enhance collection and problem solving skill set.
- Assist in month-end and quarterly reporting and audits as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Associate degree or related courses in accounting, finance preferred.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of prior work experience in credit and collections. B2B collections experience preferred.
- Good analytical, organizational, time management and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with customers, customer service representatives, and sales and marketing executives.
- Excellent customer communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent follow up skills are critical.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel, and ERP experience a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status
This is a part-time role, maximum of 30 hours per week and does not offer benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.