Ampacet Job Posting – 3rd Shift Production Supervisor – Heath, OH
POSITION: 3rd Shift Production Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
Location: Heath, OH
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 18 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Oversee and lead the operation and personnel within an off-shift environment in a manner that enhances the plant’s safety, productivity, efficiency, quality, cost, and customer service. This position is a development role for higher level Operations positions.
- Coach, counsel, train, and develop employee skills for 10+ shift personnel
- Monitor and enforce all plant and corporate policies and procedures
- Promote downtime reduction and continuity of production. Coordinate, as necessary, with the Quality Control team to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Plan shift work with respect to the Production Manager’s daily requirement and priorities and as defined by corporate policies.
- Work Order set-up and closure paperwork as required, and in JDE
- Understand and communicate customer expectations throughout the shift.
- Assure that all safety requirements are met with respect to equipment, personnel, and plant policy.
- Perform root cause analysis with the involvement of operators on all quality issues and resolve.
- Develop corrective action for off-color production to insure minimum production downtime and rework material being generated
- Responsible for acceptance or rejection of production materials in accordance with specifications and policies established by Corporate.
- Coordinate “Tour Ready” daily housekeeping activities for the shift, including the directing of all shift personnel in housekeeping functions.
- Be familiar and comply with ISO 9001-2000.
- Lead execution of monthly team safety requirements- including completion of behavior-based safety observations, near miss reporting, safety meetings, and inspections.
- Actively lead participation by team members in innovation initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Science, Operations, or Business
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required
- Minimum 1-2 years of leadership/supervisory experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Background in plastic injection, blow molding, or extrusion preferred.
- Must have strong mechanical and trouble-shooting skills
- Must have excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Training in Lean, Six Sigma, ISO, and/or GMP a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.