Ampacet Job Posting – 2nd Shift Quality Control Technician – Heath, OH
POSITION: Quality Control Technician – 2nd Shift
DEPARTMENT: Quality Control
REPORTS TO: Quality Control Supervisor
Location: Heath, OH
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 18 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for performing Ampacet’s test methods on finished product and raw materials and correctly recording the test results on the SQC sheets. The Quality Control Technician has the authority to accept and reject raw materials and finished goods.
- Testing of finished products and raw materials at designated intervals using the corporate test methods.
- Visual examination of the finished products to insure it meets Ampacet’s requirements.
- Responsible for making adjustments to the formulation during the testing process to obtain the proper color and ash.
- Responsible for comparing test data to product specifications and notifying production management when products are out of specification.
- Maintaining accurate and legible records of test data and information related to the quality of the finished product.
- Communicate effectively with Quality Control Management in regards to any ongoing and uncorrected quality issues.
- Provide overall support by assisting other laboratory personnel as required.
- Maintaining a quality environment in the laboratory by keeping work area clean.
- Working safely and adhering to all laboratory and company safety policies.
- Foster teamwork with peers and superiors both internal and external to the Heath location.
- Liaison to production team on quality issues.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – good math skills.
- Must have the ability to distinguish color.
- Knowledge of statistical process control (SPC).
- Must have excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.