Position: Tax Accountant
Department: Accounting / Finance
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Reports to: Director of Tax & Legal Affairs
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Bonus Eligible: yes
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
Assist and/or manage the preparation of tax related activities including:
- Corporate (federal and state) tax return compliance
- Property Tax return compliance
- Tax audits (federal, state, sales & use tax)
- Tax planning (domestic and international)
- Responding to notices from tax authorities
- Sales & Use tax compliance
- Fixed Asset tax depreciation
- Prepare federal, state and local corporate income/franchise tax returns and related work papers.
- Prepare federal, state and local tax extensions and estimated payments.
- Prepare state sales & use tax and property tax returns.
- Assist with tax research and planning (federal, state and international).
- Assist with preparation of annual tax accrual.
- Maintain tax depreciation records.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger for property tax returns.
- Assist in audit defense for all tax audits.
- Assist in the general ledger analysis of tax account balances.
- Review tax returns for all foreign subsidiaries.
- Assist with Earnings and Profits calculations and maintain going forward.
- Stay current with tax changes that impact the business.
- Respond to notices from tax authorities.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- Bachelor of Science / Masters – Major in Accounting. CPA preferred. MBA/MS in Tax desired.
- 1 – 3 years prior experience in preparation of corporate Federal and State tax returns.
- Diversified public accounting and/or private industry experience in tax preparation, research and planning.
- Additional skills include:
- Strong analytical decision making skills.
- Strong computer skills with advanced working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Experience with MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Knowledge of CorpTax software a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work well independently and in group situations.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Must be able to maintain a strict level of confidentiality at all times.
- Must be a high-energy person who possesses a positive attitude.
- Ability to develop trust and confidence with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal and follow-up skills required. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of employees.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, 401K tuition reimbursement.
To submit online please click here to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in word format.Please include “Tax” in Subject line.
To apply by regular mail, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources “Tax”
Fax number: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.