POSITION: Sales / Technical Service Representative
LOCATION: El Paso, Texas or Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico.
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager, México and Central America
SALARY: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
BONUS ELIGIBLE: 25% maximum of base salary eligibility
COMPANY CAR: Yes
AMPACET Corporation develops, manufactures and delivers the highest quality color and additive masterbatches for polyolefin’s, to satisfy all customers’ performance needs. Since 1937, customers have relied on Ampacet for consistency of product quality.
The Sales / Technical Service Representative will be located in either El Paso, Texas or Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. This position will be responsible for the profitability of the territory through growth with existing customers and developing new business opportunities at OEM’s. This position will also serve as the technical liaison between sales, marketing, manufacturing, color lab and product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support business growth initiatives through product design, evaluation, and qualification activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential OEM accounts in territory.
- Develop NEW business opportunities with assigned accounts and OEM customers.
- Develop new business through product innovation and internal studies in excess of $1MM/year.
- Serve as liaison between marketing and sales regarding the development of new accounts and OEM customers.
- Maintain awareness of competitor’s activities in order to proactively retain business.
- Act as a primary technical coordinator for all aspects of assigned accounts. Develop a strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to allow value-added recommendations. Must be technically capable of running a Basic Product Trial without additional Technical Support.
- Present technical seminars to customers and OEM customers.
- Assist the Sales Manager with formulating the annual sales budget for territory and action plans that will result in the achievement of the territory objectives.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Technical Service and all pertinent Ampacet personnel to ensure that the business plans of the territory are implemented, executed and the overall handling of the customers’ needs is competitive and timely.
- Work closely with technical service and manufacturing to identify requirements and recommend changes needed to better service accounts.
- Advise Sales Manager of industry trends, current resin pricing, competitive activity and all other pertinent intelligence.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- This position may be located in either El Paso, Texas or Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be fluent (verbal and written) in Spanish and English.
- A minimum of three (3) years direct sales experience is required with additional experience in a technical, manufacturing, or customer support function.
- 3- 5 years of technical service and sales experience with color concentrate /compounding plastics industry.
- 5+ Years of experience in Injection Molding or Color/Additives for Injection Molding. Knowledge of sheet thermoforming is helpful.
- Must have experience in multiple polymers (i.e. PP, ABS, Nylon, PC and PS) with knowledge of polyolefin’s, color concentrates, or chemical additives.
- Bachelor degree required with a concentration in chemistry or chemical engineering preferred. An MBA is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Dynamics CRM customer relationship management software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, follow-up and organizational skills; leadership qualities; good technical and product knowledge. Master of various selling techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management.
- Must be scrupulously fair and keep all commitments to the letter.
- Travel both in Mexico and the United States is required with approximately 50% overnight travel.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by sending your recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
Mailing address: Ampacet de Mexico Corporation
Privada de la Princesa # 1Parque Industrial El MarquésAutopista México – Querétaro km 195.5Poblado El ColoradoEl Marqués, Querétaro. C.P. 76246Attn: Human Resources
Fax number: 52 (442) 253 1086
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.