POSITION: Sales Representative / Account Executive
LOCATION: Territory 15, South-East Region. Territory includes: Upstate-NY, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine and select locations in Pennsylvania and the Metro NY area.
REPORTS TO: South-East Regional Manager
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Bonus Eligible: Yes – maximum of 25% of base salary
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
Responsible for direct customer contact and for developing and implementing sales plans and strategies to meet assigned sales goals. Develop new opportunities at select OEM locations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential accounts in territory.
- Call on key accounts in territory at least once every two to six weeks.
- Maintain contact with Major Accounts in territory that have not been visited within the past two to three weeks.
- Support the Strategic Business Unit Managers’ and Major Account Managers’ strategy for area accounts.
- Spend one day per week in the office, typically on a Friday, to complete all necessary administrative work, including: call reports, expense reports, updating contact records, completing requested status reports, appointment scheduling, customer follow-up, etc.
- Maintain awareness of competitors’ activities in order to proactively retain business.
- Provide Regional Manager with bi-weekly itinerary and weekly and or monthly reports as needed.
- Review weekly the actual territory sales performance and expenses with Regional Manager.
- OEM activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or Chemistry and 3 – 5 years of color concentrate/ compounding experience with particular emphasis in blown film, blow molding, injection molding, sheet extrusion, compounding and marketing skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and follow-up skills required.
- Proficient computer skills: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Dynamics CRM customer relationship management software.
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 60% of the time.
- Note: The preferred geographic location of this position will be in the area between Rochester, NY and the Boston, MA area.
The candidate will work out of their home office. The preferred geographic location of this position will be in the area between Rochester, NY and the Boston, MA area.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, 401k, and tuition reimbursement. Compensation will be determined based on experience and skill level.
To apply, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Sales
Click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.