Position: Plant Manager
Location: Querétaro, México
Reports to: General Manager, Mexico and Central America
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
The Plant Manager is responsible for all plant manufacturing operations including safety, production, quality, equipment and plant maintenance, and the color lab. This growing two shift operation currently includes 30 employees, with plans to grow to a 3rd shift in 2015. Operate the plant profitably with both short and long-term goals. Obtain and maintain quality and salability of products and services. Operate the plant in accordance with corporate and plant policies, customer requirements, within approved budgets, in a manner than assures the safety of personnel, conformance to sound environmental standards and all legal requirements. Create and maintain an atmosphere that evokes maximum intelligent effort from the plant’s employees. Be scrupulously fair and keep all commitments to the letter.
The Plant Manufacturing Manager reports to the Latin American Sales Manager and has the responsibility to manufacture quality products that meet or exceed customer expectations. The Manufacturing Manager is supported by all plant personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean, well-organized and safe work environment in the plant.
- Responsible for the plant’s observation and compliance with all plant safety rules and good industry safety practices. This includes training, injury reporting and investigation, hazard correction, industrial hygiene and record keeping.
- Ensures that the workforce is properly trained and that all safety and operating procedures are being followed. Prepare, update and ensure compliance with GMPs’.
- Conduct regular shift safety meetings. Discuss safety philosophies and standards to the shift that are in alignment with the plant safety program and philosophies.
- Encourage and maintain a positive, people oriented, atmosphere in the plant. Promote an innovative culture where employees are engaged in developing different ideas that will have a positive impact.
- Supervise, develop, train and discipline production employees as needed. Participate in regular reviews of personnel performance both salaried and hourly.
- Establishes plant rules and maintain observation of rules by all personnel, using balanced motivation and discipline.
- Responsible for directing of the plant in the daily operations and coordination with all other plant departments.
- Monitors daily production runs to maximize efficiency and minimize conversion costs.
- Manages production scheduling and maintains inventories to meet customer’s required shipment date.
- Maintains housekeeping to the highest standard.
- Provides timely reports as required to upper management.
- Prepares budget and manages departmental costs.
- Assists in the development of the annual capital budget. Coordinates implementation of capital projects and installation of new equipment.
- Accountable for staffing, discipline and termination of employees as needed. Recommend or approve as authorized, plant personnel changes, training and promotions.
- Manages finished goods and raw material inventories.
- Review the needs for equipment upgrades, additions and maintenance, initiate appropriate action and recommend to Corporate Engineering and/or Senior Director of Manufacturing, any changes.
- Undertake any other duties and/or assignments as assigned by the General Manager to assure continued smooth operation of the plant. Train and ensure adequate coverage is available for both short and long term absences of the Plant Manager. Represent Ampacet at appropriate community functions.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of all production equipment at the Queretaro Plant. Routinely inspect production equipment and identify safety or operating concerns. Report deficiencies and assist with repairs as needed.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and take steps to improve safety, quality, efficiencies and other process improvements.
- Establish and maintain proper communications to affect a smooth flow of information and instruction from one supervisor/shift to the next.
- The accurate compilation and reporting of shift production data. Coordinate maintenance work with production to maximize production efficiencies.
- Determine needs, supplies, materials, and manpower required to maintain a continuous and safe operation.
- Responsible for the correct startup and shutdown of the plant.
- Update production process information.
- Ensure the safety and security of Ampacet property.
- Manage supplies and materials for their most economical use.
- Keep supervisors informed in regards to the status of equipment, morale, safety, and employee performance.
- Ensure proper fork truck operation and safety.
- Complete other special duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Chemical or Industrial Engineering. A MBA is recommended.
- 8-10 years small lot color plant experience with broad work experience in multiple functional areas (i.e. manufacturing, quality, safety and maintenance).
- 3-5 years supervisor experience with a minimum 2 years managing a department.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- Strong working knowledge of process and manufacturing equipment used in the production of masterbatch and inventory management of raw materials.
- Complete working knowledge of all production functions and exhibits sound people management skills.
- Production process knowledge, especially in the plastic industry such as extrusion or injection molding.
- Training in safety rules & regulations and environmental concerns.
- Proven leadership qualities and strong analytical skills
- Must be customer oriented and effective at implemented change.
- JDE Oracle or SAP ERP system knowledge preferred.
- Must be a company oriented person.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Click to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in word format.
To apply by regular mail, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:Ampacet de México
Privada de la Princesa # 1
Parque Industrial El Marqués
Autopista México – Querétaro km 195.5
Poblado El Colorado
El Marqués, Querétaro.
Attn: Production Superintendent
Fax number: 52 (442) 253 1086
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.