Position: Plant Engineer
Department: Maintenance & Engineering
Location: Terre Haute, IN 47804
Reports to: Plant Manager
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full-time Employee
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Ampacet Corporation is an international producer of a broad line of color and additive masterbatch for the plastics industry. We are recognized world over for quality and consistency. We offer an excellent starting salary commensurate with experience.
The Plant Engineer will have the primary responsibility for the development, design and implementation of the capital projects program. Identify methods to continuously improve process and efficiency rates. Work with all business functions related to maintenance/engineering, including preventive maintenance, problem analysis and resolution, compliance and cost control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the annual capital budget and determine projects order of priority
- Initiate, develop, justify, plan and implement capital improvement projects
- Utilize Kaizen, Six Sigma and/or Lean methodologies to identify continuous improvement opportunities with product, quality and production processes.
- Provide support and expertise in shutdown planning and execution.
- Submit monthly progress reports to the Plant Manager
- Develop work instructions and train Ampacet personnel in the use of new equipment.
- Monitor monthly cost of plant utilities and ensure maximum utilization.
- Support Corporate Engineering with project installations as needed
- Assist ISO/Safety Coordinator in preparing and insuring that all plant operating permits are in order.
- Assist ISO/Safety Coordinator in monitoring the plant to ensure compliance with all Government (Federal, State and Local) laws and regulations.
- Evaluate new and existing equipment with regards to machine guarding, LOTO, operating and maintenance procedures and other safety related concerns.
- Keep up to date with technology advancements and equipment design that may benefit Ampacet.
- Foster a teamwork approach for all activities in which involved.
- B.S. Degree in engineering discipline required
- A minimum of one year of manufacturing experience, preferably in the plastics industry.
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- A strong working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and follow-up skills required.
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office
Principles only, no search firms please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package.
Click to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in word format.
To apply by regular mail, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:Ampacet Corporation
3701 North Fruitridge Avenue
Terre Haute, IN 47804.
Attn: Human Resources – TH MFG
Fax number: 812-466-1751
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.