Position: Technical Service Engineer
Department: Technical Services & Development
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Director of Technical Service & Development
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
Support the growth in new plastic molding markets by providing technical assistance to customers, sales, and in-house personnel. Coordinate new product development projects with R&D. Serve as the technical liaison between customers, manufacturing, and sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support growth initiatives in recreational vehicles, toys, lighting, appliance and office furniture markets through product design, evaluation, and qualification activities.
- Act as the primary technical coordinator for all aspects of assigned new markets customers.
- Provide technical assistance, both written and verbal, to customers, sales and other in-house personnel.
- Travel to customers to assist in conducting qualification trials and troubleshooting.
- Present technical seminars for customers, field sales and other in-house personnel.
- Assist in maintaining product reference lists for field and internal use.
- Actively promote existing products and alternative applications.
- Serve as liaison between purchasing and sales to determine price quotes of new products.
- Initiate and complete customer specification requests (letters of certification, as well as special needs).
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry or engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years related injection molding industry experience in a discipline such as technical service, manufacturing or sales
- Strong knowledge of engineering resins, properties, and processing is highly desirable. Strong knowledge and experience working with polyolefins, color concentrates, or chemical additives is also desirable.
- Strong understanding of customer products and molding process capabilities to allow value-added recommendations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be comfortable giving presentations and conducting customer meetings
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office software and network use is necessary.
- Up to 50% travel to customer locations, Ampacet plants, trade shows, etc., will be required. Must be available to travel with limited notice.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401k & tuition reimbursement.
Click to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in word format.
To apply by regular mail, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:Ampacet Corporation
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – R&D
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.