POSITION: Market Development Associate
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
DEPARTMENT: Business Development and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Market Development Manager
SALARY: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Bonus Eligible: 25% maximum eligibility
Employee Type: Full-time Employee
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
Conduct company market research in the Toy and Lighting Markets. Identify new customer prospects and penetrate these accounts, as to contribute to the Market Diversification business growth plan. Develop and maintain relationship with the industrial design community; including industrial design firms and trade organizations. Manage and grow several established accounts to meet the targeted objectives.
- Identify new customer prospects in target markets and compile pertinent company business and key personnel contact information.
- Manage and grow assigned molding accounts by establishing multi-contact relationships and capturing new color projects.
- Assist with developing and implementing comprehensive OEM account plans regarding product/project development, color development services, organization matrix and corporate resources needed to maximize share and increase penetration at designated OEM accounts.
- Penetrate targeted markets; develop relationships with key customers and the decision makers (creative, marketing, engineering, purchasing, R&D) at these customers and secure a preferred position to work on new color activities.
- Manage the color development process (project management: color matching, sample fulfillment and color standard management) and commercialization of new products at specified accounts, while utilizing Ampacet’s current Sales and Marketing personnel for support.
- Participate in visits to the Corporate Headquarters, key plant locations and R&D centers of each assigned account as deemed necessary to secure and/or service these accounts; develop a rapport with key decision makers to further develop the present business and gain insight into potential future business. Visit select customers/molders with or without sales personnel / sales management as required to optimize business in designated markets.
- Participate actively as a member of the Market Diversification Team in providing ongoing market and customer information as to the needs and progress at assigned accounts and market trends.
- Contribute to new technology and innovation ideas and development that will provide value to our OEMs and Molding customers.
- Prepare reports, review actual sales and expense performance versus budget and recommend corrective action where and when needed.
- Assist with development of action plans resulting in the achievement of the budget objectives, and review frequently to determine actual progress against plan.
- Continually improve personal knowledge of the latest sales techniques, as well as enhance expertise in technical aspects of the products sold. Develop a thorough understanding of the target markets in terms of competition, market segmentation and needs for assigned accounts.
- Maintain awareness of market and competitive activities at assigned accounts and disseminate the information throughout the organization.
- Review and assess all sales reports and computer programs relating to assigned accounts and request/recommend modifications and improvements to Sales Service and MIS personnel.
- Review product returns and/or rejections as assigned to determine reasons for the return and submit request for credit authorization, where appropriate.
- Handle customer complaints as assigned.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Marketing Manager to assure the smooth and profitable operation of Ampacet.
- Bachelor Degree plus 1–2 years’ experience in sales with increasing levels of responsibility consistent with the requirements of this position. Experience and knowledge of polyolefin and engineered resins is a plus.
- Strong business acumen and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Regional travel required. Overnight travel up to 75%.
- Proficient with identifying new markets and understands how to work through barriers to penetrate these markets.
The candidate will be located at Ampacet’s Cincinnati, OH office location. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401k & tuition reimbursement.
To apply, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Marketing
Click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.