Title: IT Help Desk Support Specialist
Department: Information Systems
Reports to: Executive Director of Global Information Systems
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the plastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
Provide top level help desk support to internal and remote end-users, including hardware and software roll-outs, trouble-shooting, installation and/or upgrade of computers, peripherals and/or devices, perform break/fix and/or installations as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to end-user on a variety of issues.
- Possess working knowledge of the existing operating system and Ampacet standard applications, software and hardware, and stay current with these as needed.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair computer systems and peripherals
- Upgrade or replace hardware and software systems to comply with Ampacet standards.
- Comply with and maintain help desk tracking and logging procedures.
- Maintain inventories and documentation of computers and computer related parts.
- Assist in daily data backup and recovery procedures.
- Download and testing of software updates and/or patches.
- Participate in team and/or departmental meetings.
- Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma. MCSE is a plus. One to two years in computer related field involving hardware and software installation and support. Bachelor degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Must possess a practical knowledge of networks and their infrastructure including LAN/WAN communications.
- Must have working knowledge of desktop applications (Microsoft Windows OS & Microsoft Office Suite).
- Successful applicant must possess excellent skills in the following areas: problem solving, decision making, troubleshooting, verbal and written communication, and customer service.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and the ability to effectively work and interact with users at all levels is critical.
- Successful applicant will be highly motivated, able to work independently and take ownership of duties.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401k & tuition reimbursement.
Click to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in word format.
To apply by regular mail, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – IT Support
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.