POSITION: Market Development Manager
DEPARTMENT: Business Development and Marketing
LOCATION: Midwest, North Central or Eastern U.S.
REPORTS TO: Strategic Business Manager, Molding
Starting Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full-time
Bonus Eligible: 25% maximum eligibility
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Engagement & Creativity
- Environmental Care
- Bias to Action
Responsible for developing the Appliance Market, including processor and OEM activities with direct sales and specification responsibilities for these accounts within North America.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and implement a comprehensive Market Development plan targeting the Appliance and Electronics Markets. Initiate and manage product development projects, pricing, and forecasts.
- Establish relationships with targeted OEM’s to ensure awareness of Ampacet, our services and secure product specifications. Work with product engineering, design/brand, manufacturing and purchasing groups to fully understand the potential of the account and position Ampacet for success.
- Help develop plant processing know-how and procedures for Polystyrene and ABS products.
- Introduce Ampacet’s color and additive products and value proposition; travel to customers to make business presentations with key focus on profitable, value added color and additive business in the Appliance Market.
- Work closely with Ampacet technical and manufacturing departments to identify requirements and recommend changes needed to better service the injection molding and sheet thermoforming customer base.
- Offer basic technical know-how to Appliance customers.
- Update computer database and effectively communicate progress.
- Strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to allow value-added selling.
- Assist the Strategic Business Manager in developing annual sales and marketing goals and objectives for assigned accounts and market segments.
- Visit the Corporate Headquarters and key plant locations of each assigned strategic account as deemed necessary to secure and/or service these accounts; develop a rapport with key decision makers to further develop the present business and gain insight into potential future business.
- Review with the Strategic Business Manager actual sales and expense performance versus budget and recommend corrective action where and when needed.
- Manage the color development process (color matching, sample fulfillment and color standard management) at specified accounts.
- Review and assess all sales reports and computer programs relating to assigned accounts and request/recommend modifications and improvements to Sales Service and MIS personnel.
- Review all product returns and/or rejections by assigned accounts, determine reasons for the return, and issue credit authorization, where appropriate.
- Review all major accounts’ call reports to determine activity and progress of time spent at major accounts by individual managers and sales people; the call report provides information on color match requests, quotations, late deliveries, credit, unpaid invoices, etc.
- Handle customer service requests as needed.
- Maintain awareness of market and competitive activities at assigned accounts and disseminate the information throughout the organization.
BS degree, Chemistry, Chemical Engineer or Plastics Engineering preferred
7-10 years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility consistent with the requirements of this position. This must include a minimum of 7 years’ experience in Appliance Materials Development or Appliance Plastic Manufacturing environment with responsibilities for product development, product manufacturing procedures and process capabilities.
- Strong experience and knowledge of the Appliance Market and qualification procedures
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills
- Regional travel is required (up to 80% travel with an average of 40%)
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the molding materials and process required. A working knowledge of other plastics processes in addition to injection molding including blow molding, compression molding, and thermoforming.
- Demonstrated proficiency with developing and implementing marketing and sales plan for Molding.
- Leadership skills that include the ability to lead through vision and strategy, drive innovation and growth, energize and develop people, deliver outstanding results and consistently demonstrate integrity and character consistent with Ampacet values.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401k & tuition reimbursement. Compensation will be determined based on experience and skill level.
To apply, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Marketing
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.