Title: Director – Global Agriculture Business
Department: Global Strategic Accounts
Reports to: Executive Director – Global Strategic Accounts
Location: Europe Preferred
Starting Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full-time Employee
Ampacet Corporation is an international producer of a broad line of color and additive masterbatch for the plastics industry. We are recognized world over for quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Engagement & Creativity
- Environmental Care
- Bias to Action
- Compelling Communication
- Driving Execution
- Cultivating Networks & Partnerships
- Customer Focus
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Establishing Strategic Direction
- Leading Change
- Building Organizational Talent (diversity)
- Driving Innovation
- Business Acumen
- Coaching & Developing Others
- Operational Decision Making
- Sharing Responsibility
- Personal Growth Orientation
- Energizing the Organization
Direct and oversee the effective development of Ampacet’s Global Agriculture business mainly in the areas of Film (Greenhouse, Silage and Mulch), Irrigation & Drainage and Geotextiles by coordinating and initiating efforts to achieve Sales & Profit goals. Has total responsibility for developing business and technical strategies affecting the customers within this market. Accountable to manage profit / loss, understand global market dynamics and trends, and know the impact of these on the customers’ business.
This will entail working closely with and in coordination of local and global Ampacet resources to:
- Establish sales goals, strategic plan and key initiatives for targeted regions and customers.
- Oversee that global account business strategies and key initiatives.
- Develop and maintain favorable business relationships with new and existing multinational & regional customers – at an upper level.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key raw material, machinery suppliers and research institutions (i.e., universities).
- Be aware and monitor external conditions and global industry changes that may impact customers and Ampacet.
- Ensure that Ampacet’s products and services consistently meet the market’s needs.
- Be the final authority to resolve customer issues and problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead each region to develop global & regional strategies and marketing plans supporting initiatives to grow Ampacet’s position and meet sales goals.
- Evaluate customer needs and Ampacet’s capabilities (i.e., GAP analysis). Identify requirements and recommend changes necessary to better service the customer/market.
- Drive innovation, new developments and value added services to this market.
- Strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to allow value-added selling.
- Establish a global database of the key customer defining personnel; markets; resources and their strategic initiatives.
- Must rely on extensive experience, knowledge of Ampacet’s core competencies and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Direct & drive internal resources (sales, marketing, technical, etc.) necessary to service customer requirements, negotiate and coordinate pricing, manage internal / external communications and meet project timelines.
- Ensure consistency in all internal & global external communication concerning activities within this market.
- This would include educating our organization regarding critical success factors, risks and opportunities related to area of activity.
- Develop & deliver sales and marketing presentations as needed.
- Lead in the negotiation of global account contracts and coordinate details through each region.
- Participate in professional organizations specific to the industry.
- Ten plus years of experience with Masterbatch and/or a deep understanding of the Agriculture Market is necessary in order to be able to understand our customers’ strategy and to identify the matching key factors that Ampacet can offer with the aim of gaining business.
- International experience in managing and conducting business in different countries.
- Strong experience and knowledge of polyolefins and some experience with engineered resins
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- English skills proficient enough to understand, create, write and present business documents and to make effective presentations.
- Proficient with WORD®, EXCEL® and POWERPOINT®.
- International travel is required (~ 40% or 1-1 ½ weeks/month) working knowledge of various plastics processes such as extrusion and molding is preferred.
- Proficient at developing relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency with developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Compensation will be determined based on experience and skill level.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.