Location: Tarrytown, NY
Reports to: Senior VP – CFO
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full-time Employee
Bonus Eligible: 26% maximum eligibility
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
The Controller is responsible for maintaining a sound control environment that provides for the safeguarding of assets, the reliability of financial records and the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports. This position involves supervision over general accounting, cost accounting and accounts payable. The Controller is responsible for managing the accounting team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal monthly financial statements, annual budgets, the financial portion of the Annual Report and annual external audits.
- Prepare, analyze and review the monthly financial statements and provide analysis to the Senior Vice-President of North America based on monthly results versus budget and prior year.
- Review and approve all disbursements.
- Supervise / Coordinate the year-end closing process including the preparation of the audited worldwide financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual sales and operating budgets for North America from initial assumptions, through numerous iterations until a final budget is presented to and approved by senior management.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual capital budgets.
- Establish and monitor all accounting procedures and systems. Ensure all employees are properly trained and backed up through a cross training program.
- Establish and monitor monthly closing procedures to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Review work paper analyses and schedules to ensure accuracy and adherence to Company policy and procedure.
- Develop, document and implement accounting policies and procedures .
- Meet with the Sr. VP-CFO and Corporate Treasurer to periodically review cash flow status and direction on cash management.
- Effectively collaborate with other senior finance leaders responsible for revenue management, compliance and external reporting.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of accounting professionals.
- Under the guidance of the Sr. VP-CFO, coordinate with the Insurance Consultant and Brokers all risk management requirements necessary to protect corporate assets and insure business continuity.
- Under the guidance of the Sr. VP-CFO, approve insurance payments and maintain premium schedules and files on all company property and liability insurance.
- Bachelor of Science – Major in Accounting. MBA and CPA preferred.
- Unquestioned professional integrity.
- Three to five years public accounting and five to seven years private industry experience with at least 3 years of proven supervisory experience.
- Diversified public accounting and private industry experience in auditing, financial statement preparation and analysis, cost accounting and taxes, with emphasis on manufacturing.
- Superior technical skills and command of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience with and knowledge of financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Managerial and personnel experience required with emphasis on motivation and recognition.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems as part of an MRP system. Experience with JD Edwards systems and any bank system that deals with Fed Wires and ACH transfers is a definite plus.
- Proficient Microsoft Office; high level of proficiency in Excel.
- Understanding and experience with corporate consolidations preferred.
- Previous experience with data analysis tools a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of employees from accounting staff to Senior Management as well as outside legal and accounting personnel.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401k & tuition reimbursement.
To submit online please click here to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in word format.
Please include “Controller” in Subject line.
To apply by regular mail, please forward recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources “Controller”
Fax number: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.