Position: Regulatory Chemist
Location: R&D Center – Terre Haute, IN
Reports to: Regulatory Supervisor
Ampacet Corporationis a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
Ampacet Corporation is an international producer of a broad line of color and additive masterbatch for the plastics industry. We are recognized world over for quality and consistency. We offer an excellent starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Maintain integrity and quality of our North American raw material data base that drives our global regulatory programs i.e.; SDS and other required regulatory documentation as required for customers. Work with internal customers as well as both domestic and international suppliers (through our subsidiaries) to assure timely, accurate information required to drive these programs. Provide customers with product safety FDA regulatory compliance information relative to specific regulations. Support plants, customers, laboratories and Technical Service with regulatory information as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain current Raw Material program; i.e. raw material assessment, data entry and approvals.
- Monitor SDS program to ensure accuracy of data re: raw materials, supplier and customer information.
- Maintain current procedures and process through coordination of creation & publishing SDS and hazard labels.
- Research raw materials re: FDA food contact/health, safety and environmental issues. This includes all items listed above and new issues as they become known.
- Create documentation to provide regulatory compliance information on Ampacet products i.e.: SDS, FDA, Heavy Metals/CONEG, Proposition 65, National Inventories such as TSCA, Canada DSL/NDSL, European EINECS, Animal Derived Status, Various Undesirable Components inquiries as requested, Agency Submissions/DMF, HPB, NSF, etc.
- Daily contact with customers and Ampacet sales, laboratory and technical staff regarding product safety issues.
- Bachelor degree in chemistry, health sciences, Safey/Environmental or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong math skills, understanding of basic chemistry, health, safety and environmental issues
- Strong background in computing skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An awareness of FDA, OSHA, GHS and other applicable state, federal and international laws is helpful
- Must have good organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent Research, Prioritization and Problem Solving skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, able to work well alone or in group situations
This position will be located in the Terre Haute, Indiana facility. Local candidates only please. Relocation is not available with this position. Principles only, no search firms please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package.
Click to fill out form as indicated, attaching resume in word format.
You may also apply by sending your resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
3701 North Fruitridge Ave
Terre Haute, IN 47804
Attn: Human Resources – Regulatory Chemist
Fax: (812) 466-1751
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.