Position: Vice President, Chief Information Officer
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Department: Global Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for leading all aspects of the information technology function for Ampacet globally. The CIO has complete ownership of the establishment and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy, and ensures its alignment with the enterprise’s business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success. As a member of the enterprise executive leadership team, the CIO participates in and contributes to overall enterprise business strategy development, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of leveraging information and technology in business model design, business processes re-engineering, products and services development, and support for competitive advantage.
- Building Organizational Talent
- Business Savvy
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Compelling Communication
- Cultivating Networks and Partnerships
- Customer Focus
- Driving Execution
- Driving Innovation
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Energizing the Organization
- Establishing Strategic Direction
- Leading Change
- Personal Growth Orientation
- Sharing Responsibility
- Sets the mission and vision of the IT organization to foster business-oriented and customer centric-culture and mindset.
- Leads the development of the IT strategy and roadmap; ensures its integration with the enterprise’s strategic planning process, and the resulting business strategy and plans.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and business partners to define and execute the digital business strategy. Participates in and contributes to the assessment of external digital opportunities and threats, and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning. Uses influencing and negotiation skills to create synergies across the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in achievement of business goals.
- Ensures all reasonable efforts are taken to protect the company’s information from security threats and that the company’s executives are kept informed as to threats and trends in this area. Ensure compliance with legislation governing the use and collection of information and software copyright issues. Responsible for ensuring all members of the team are informed of and follow all policies and procedures.
- Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the enterprise to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the enterprise’s digital business strategy. Provides strategic direction in the IT organization’s innovation efforts and role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of those opportunities in the fulfillment of the digital business strategy of the enterprise.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems and programs that fulfill the needs of the business, including enterprise architecture management, application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support management.
- Enhances the capabilities of IT by leveraging a multitude of resources, both internally and externally.
- Directs the development of IT sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop an IT “people strategy” that aligns with the business and IT strategy. Both teams work together to continually look for leading-edge and innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention of the IT workforce.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT leadership team and staff.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in IT and business/industry.
- Five to seven years of leadership responsibilities.
- Preferably five or more years of experience in related, industry-leading, large, cross-functional teams and/or enterprise wide programs, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in IT strategic planning, organization design and development.
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments by taking advantage of digital opportunities to innovate business models and enable the digitalization of the business.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate an IT vision that inspires and motivates IT staff and aligns to the business strategy.
- Ability to drive organizational change and build capabilities that effectively balance the needs between continuously exploiting capabilities to optimize operational efficiency and delivering innovative and agile IT solutions to enable the business to explore digital business opportunities.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied.
- Ability to instill confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management.
- Ability to identify and leverage resources internally and externally to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that drive digital business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT workforce.
- Fluent in English, business proficiency in additional language(s) preferred
- Manufacturing Industry experience highly preferred
Travel required: No less than 30% of the time – Internationally
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.