Position: Technical Superintendent
Reports to: Process Engineer/Quality Manager
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
- Building Talent
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organizing
- Building Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Facilitating Change
- Driving Innovation
- Inspiring Others
- Delegation & Empowerment
- Continuous Learning
- Creating a Culture of Trust
- Decision Making
- Safety Leadership
Primary Function: The Technical Superintendent is responsible for day to day Quality / Technical activities at the Terre Haute Plant and of primary importance, the quality control of finished products and raw materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The supervision, staffing and training of all Laboratory personnel, maintaining a high level of productivity and morale.
- Develop sampling plans to statistically provide accurate predictions of quality and performance.
- Develop and publish test methods as required for controlling the process and assuring receipt of quality raw materials that meet our performance standards. Review these methods with the Corporate Technical Director to ensure uniformity within the corporation.
- Establish means and methods of reporting that will assure consistent and reliable presentation of data and performance for management decisions and information.
- Ensure all materials produced at the Terre Haute Plant comply with an approved formulation from Ampacet Corporate.
- Follow all safety policies within Ampacet NA
- Maintain trial / project records
- Submit monthly progress reports to the Process Manager/Quality Manager and Plant Manager
- Lead the evaluation of customer complaints and develop corrective actions to eliminate similar complaints.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with department on safety, technology, administration and any other subject that will result in broadening and improving the total performance of the department.
- Develop justification for the recommendation to purchase capital items for the technical department.
- Attend seminars and/or trade shows to keep up to date with technology advancements and equipment design that may benefit Ampacet.
- Foster a teamwork approach for all activities in which involved.
- Manage, give direction to and oversee activities of the Quality Control Supervisor and Technicians.
- Perform ISO Coordinator duties for the plant.
- Bachelor degree in Science, Chemistry, Engineering or related discipline required. Five or more years of experience in technical or quality background may substitute.
- 1+ year experience in quality management in manufacturing. 5 or more years of experience preferred.
- Lean Sigma Green belt preferred.
- Strong Analytical / problem solving skills related to product and process
- Good verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs Word / Excel / PowerPoint and database management programs.
- Working knowledge of pigments, additives and a broad range of polymers
- Familiarity with or training in Lean Sigma type methodologies
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.