Position: Technical Superintendent/Process Engineer
Department: Manufacturing/Quality Control
Reports to: Plant Manager
Location: DeRidder, LA
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates, and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
We have over 2,000 employees in 17+ countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
We are seeking a Technical Superintendent – Process Engineer for our DeRidder, Louisiana plant location. The ideal candidate for this role has held a supervisory role with experience in processing ETP colors with twin screw extruders, experience in polymer processing in the compounding/masterbatch industry and QC experience.
The Technical Superintendent /Process Engineer will work closely with Plant Management to ensure all process equipment is operating at the highest quality standard and maximum efficiency. The Technical Superintendent/Process Engineer also identifies methods to continuously improve process and efficiency rates while overseeing the management of the QC Lab. He/She works with all business functions related to maintenance/engineering, including preventive maintenance, problem analysis and resolution, compliance and cost control, and customer relations
- Building Talent
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organizing
- Building Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Facilitating Change
- Driving Innovation
- Inspiring Others
- Delegation & Empowerment
- Continuous Learning
- Creating a Culture of Trust
- Decision Making
- Safety Leadership
- Consult with the Plant Manager to initiate, develop, justify, plan, and implement capital improvement projects.
- Manage the day to day operation of the Quality Control Department.
- Utilize Kaizen, Six Sigma and/or Lean methodologies to identify continuous improvement and efficiency opportunities for product, quality and production processes.
- Review, update, and ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures on a continuous basis.
- Review Quality Control statistical data and recommend changes/actions based on findings.
- Work with all plant departments to keep current on process modifications, Engineering changes, equipment upgrades, and capital improvements to processes (MOC).
- Act as a Liaison between R&D LAB trials and Manufacturing to confirm first runs are successful and maintain trial / project records.
- Provide project updates to the Plant Manager and Corp Process Manger and report on any problems encountered.
- Safeguard Ampacet proprietary information and equipment and follow all safety policies within Ampacet NA.
- Respond to customer complaints, questions, or issues.
- Assist the Corporate Process Manger in any additional duties assigned
- Submit monthly progress reports to the Plant Manager.
- Develop methods to improve operating conditions of plant equipment, improve efficiencies & startup/shutdown sequences.
- Provide support and expertise in shutdown planning and execution.
- Attend seminars and/or trade shows to keep up to date with technology advancements and equipment design that may benefit Ampacet.
- Foster a teamwork approach for all activities in which involved.
- Assist in color corrections and formulation adjustments.
- Review new formulations to verify processing capability within Ampacet manufacturing assets.
- Review old formulations to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Conduct product trials at North American plants as required.
- BS. in Polymer, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering required
- At least 1 year of experience in processing ETP colors with twin screw extruders
- 1+ year experience in polymer processing in the compounding/masterbatch industry preferred
- Knowledge of carbon black and additives in ETP polymers
- Capable of evaluating manufacturing equipment to identify potential machinery upgrades
- Ability to design manufacturing processes
- Supervisory/management experience
- Quality Assurance experience
- Working knowledge of how to build a screw design that meets the targeted dispersion / incorporation level
- Understand how to develop a program to run product trials and complete a DOE
- Understanding of color corrections & formulation adjustments
- Statistical process control
- Proven analytical / problem solving skills related to product and process
- Good verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs Word / Excel / PowerPoint and database management
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Live within commuting distance or willing to relocate to the DeRidder, LA area
- Must be authorized to work in the US without current or future sponsorship for employment visa status
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.