POSITION: Technical Service Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Technical Service & Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Technical Service & Development
LOCATION: Mason, OH or Terre Haute, IN
Starting Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full-time Employee
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Engagement & Creativity
- Environmental Care
- Bias to Action
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
This position serves as the technical liaison between manufacturing, marketing and sales. The position will provide technical support to the film market, Sales, Marketing and other in-house personnel, and will assist with new development projects and product introductions.
- Support business growth initiatives through product design, evaluation, and qualification activities.
- Act as the primary technical coordinator for all aspects relating to assigned film customers.
- Provide technical assistance, both written and verbal, to customers, Sales and other in-house personnel.
- Travel to customer locations to assist in conducting qualification trials and troubleshooting.
- Present technical seminars for customers, Field Sales and other in-house personnel.
- Assist in maintaining product reference lists for field and internal use. Develop technical brochures and other written material to support business activities.
- Actively promote existing products as well as newly developed technologies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, material science, or chemical engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related film/flexibles plastic industry experience in a discipline such as technical service or manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with polyolefins, color concentrates, or chemical additives is also desirable.
- Strong understanding of customer products and blown/cast film process capabilities to allow value-added recommendations and trouble-shooting insight.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be comfortable giving presentations and conducting customer meetings.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office software and network use is necessary.
- Up to 50% travel to customer locations, Ampacet plants, trade shows, etc., will be required. Must be available to travel with limited notice.
Depending upon the circumstances, this position can be located at either Ampacet’s Mason, OH or Terre Haute, IN locations. Relocation assistance will be available for this position.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401k & tuition reimbursement.
You may also apply by forwarding your recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Tech Service
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.