Title: Technical Service & Development Manager
Department: Technical Service and Development
Reports to: Business Development Director
Location: Mason, OH or Terre Haute, IN
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Manage the Technical Service & Development function and the coaching, training and development of the Technical Service & Development team. Responsible for supporting the Flexible Packaging, Rigid Packaging and Market Diversification businesses and providing technical support to customers, Sales and other internal personnel. Participate in Sales and Marketing presentations with current and prospective customers and help identify and drive new product development activities.
- Building Talent
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organizing
- Building Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Facilitating Change
- Driving Innovation
- Inspiring Others
- Delegation & Empowerment
- Continuous Learning
- Creating a Culture of Trust
- Decision Making
- Safety Leadership
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership of the Technical Service & Development function.
- Provide training, support, coaching, and serve as a technical resource to Technical Service & Development team.
- Support business growth initiatives through product design, evaluation, and qualification activities.
- Support the development of new business through product innovation and internal studies.
- Translate articulated and unarticulated customer needs into revenue-generating projects to create new products for development or the application of existing products.
- Maintain a strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to allow value-added recommendations.
- Serve as liaison between Purchasing and Sales regarding the development and quotation of new products.
- Provide technical assistance, both written and verbal, to customers, Sales, and other in-house personnel.
- Travel to customer sites to assist in qualification trials and troubleshooting. Provide technical analysis and respond to customer complaints, issues, and inquiries.
- Act as a primary technical coordinator for all aspects of assigned customers/lines of business.
- Present technical seminars and business presentations to prospects, customers, field sales, and other in-house personnel.
- Assist in developing technical brochures and other written material to support business activities.
- Provide supporting technical service activities in a variety of applications as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- 5-15 years of experience in a technical support function in the plastics industry, experience managing and developing other technical service personnel preferred.
- Related industry experience in a discipline such as Technical Service, R&D, Manufacturing, or Sales.
- Strong experience and knowledge of working with polyolefins, color concentrates, or chemical additives is highly desirable.
- Able to perform Design of Experiments (DOE) and some knowledge of Six Sigma tools.
- Expertise in injection molding, or film, or extrusion blow molding processes and/or color matching engineered polymers highly required.
- Experience making presentations and conducting customer meetings
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Approximately 50-60 % travel to customer locations, Ampacet plants, trade shows, etc., will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.