Position: Strategic Business Manager, Flexible Packaging
Department: Business Development & Marketing
Reports to: Business Development Director
Location: Mason, OH
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
This position serves as business leader of the Flexible Packaging Business for North America. Organize and direct all of the business development and marketing activities within the Flexible Packaging market segment to ensure the long term profit viability of the business. As a business generalist, the Strategic Business Manager (SBM) will be immersed in all aspects of the mainstream business, becoming the driving force of the business and taking ownership by exploring all possible approaches to increase profitability and market share. The SBM will work closely with Sales, Technical and Manufacturing departments, along with key customers, to identify industry trends and to develop programs internally so our entire organization can respond to meet evolving demands. This position will collaborate with their counterparts in the other major global regions of Ampacet.
- Building Influential Partnerships
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Continuous Learning
- Creating Demand Through Insight
- Customer Focus
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- High Impact Communication
- Portfolio Management
- Sales Negotiation
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
- Lead the development and execution of the Flexible Packaging Business Plan – including competitive profiles, market maps and a strategic market approach.
- Identify and drive the creation of new product innovation.
- Provide leadership of the Center of Excellence team for Flexibles.
- Liaise with sales management in preparing key account strategies developed in the strategic plan.
- Own the Flexible Packaging value proposition. Why buy from Ampacet?
- Responsible for market price stewardship and flexible products pricing control.
- Develop and implement BOPP strategy and provide ongoing management
- Develop and implement Plasticulture strategy and provide ongoing management
- Manage Black & White floor prices, Color and Additive floor prices & Product Management of FCTS.
- Collaborate with, support and manage Major Account Managers for the Food and Personal Care segments.
- Participate in Supply Chain Relationships with Suppliers (Resin, TiO2, CB, Additives, Pigments)
- Develop relationships and stay on the cutting edge of new offerings, low cost alternatives
- Maintain Ownership of Resin companies that feed the Film customers
- Prepare annual forecast and budget.
- Actively participate in representing Ampacet at trade shows and trade association meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Business Development to assure the smooth and profitable operation of Ampacet
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, material science, or chemical engineering. MBA strongly preferred.
- 5 or more years’ of related film/flexibles plastic industry experience in a position demonstrating business team leadership is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with polyolefins, color concentrates, or chemical additives is also desirable.
- Demonstrated business leadership and acumen.
- Demonstrated competency in collaboration and as a customer liaison.
- Strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to allow value-added recommendations and insight.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be comfortable giving presentations and conducting customer meetings.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office is necessary.
- Up to 50-60% travel to customer locations, Ampacet plants, trade shows, etc., will be required. Must be available to travel with limited notice.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.