POSITION: Software Development Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
REPORTS TO: Global Software Development Manager
LOCATION: Tarrytown, NY
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
As a software engineer with Ampacet you will be part of a team delivering creative, sophisticated, and challenging applications on our cloud and on premise systems. You will be a critical part of our Agile team environment supporting the full software development life cycle for manufacturing/supply chain operations. The ideal candidate is a proactive and hardworking developer who wants to take ownership and responsibility for developing best-of-class applications and enhancements. This role will work from our Tarrytown, NY headquarters location.
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
- Collaborate, design and develop application new features and bug fixes.
- Review code developed by your teammates.
- Collaborate with users and project stakeholders to perform usability, acceptance, and validation testing.
- Provide support for in-house developed solutions.
- Participate in your team’s team-building and product direction planning activities.
- Become educated in the technical aspects and functionality of a variety of systems that you’ll be working on.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- 2+ years of developing applications using .NET 4.0+, C#, or other applicable programming languages
- Extensive knowledge of relational database programming (Oracle/SQL) required
- Strong experience with Visual Studio 2013 / 2015 / 2017 required
- Able to work under pressure
- Autonomous, individual who can take initiative
- Organized, able to prioritize
- Flexibility and ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrates strong collaboration and inter-team skills. Comfortable working with cross functional teams and moving between leadership and peer roles
- Experience Developing with Silverlight 4 using RIA Services and the ADO.NET Entity Framework preferred
- Experience Developing applications for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 / 2016 / SharePoint Online preferred
- Experience Developing applications utilizing Microsoft WCF/WPF
- Able to work effectively in an Agile development environment
- Experience with big data management
- Experience developing for and supporting large enterprise applications
- Some domestic and international travel and flexibility to work additional hours is required
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.