Position: Senior Credit Representative
Reports to: Credit Manager
Location: Tarrytown, NY
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
The Senior Credit Representative is responsible for the application of daily cash receipts in the U.S. and Canada, including intercompany cash receipts. The Senior Credit Representative reviews and clearly documents all invoice discrepancies, short payments, unapplied cash receipts and chargeback balances within 24 hours of occurrence in collections software. Also responsible for preparing end-of-month, quarterly and annual credit and auditor reports and schedules which are to be submitted timely and accurately. The Senior Credit Representative evaluates and processes Export customer orders (order-to-cash) consistent with corporate credit policy and procedures.
- Apply the daily cash receipts in the U.S. and Canada, including intercompany cash receipts. It is critical to ensure that all entries are 100% accurate.
- Review, evaluate and document all invoice discrepancies in collection software on a daily basis, including customer short payments, unapplied cash receipts, and chargebacks. Supporting documentation related to invoice discrepancy must be forwarded to the customer service pricing administrator daily.
- Proactively obtain and review audited financial statements annually for the entire Export accounts receivable portfolio and schedule to review with the credit manager.
- Evaluate and process Export customer orders (order to cash) consistent with corporate credit policy and procedures.
- Daily collection of delinquent Export accounts receivable balances in the U.S. portfolio.
- Maintain Export 12-month trailing day’s sales outstanding consistent with industry leading averages.
- Prepare month-end, quarterly and annual credit and auditor reports and schedules.
- Facilitate, follow through with, and resolve invoice discrepancies and unjustified short payments within two weeks from receiving supporting documents from Customer Service.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets and supporting documents as needed to expedite the resolution process.
- Collaborate with Customer Service, Sales and Marketing representatives as required.
- Modify and perfect existing customer bills to/ship to records in the U.S. as needed, ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Collaborate with the Customer Service Pricing Administrator to perfect customer records.
- Complete all supplier trade references for the customer portfolio in a timely manner.
- Print and distribute all incoming wire transfers on a daily basis, accurately inputting cash receipt remittance details for wire payments into bank software to accelerate and minimize reconciling exceptions in the daily auto-receipt update.
- Work with the Credit Manager to recommend and participate in system testing, development, process and procedure enhancements by maximizing utilization of JD Edwards and SharePoint functionality and reporting suite.
- Attend credit seminars and classes to expand credit and collection proficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred. Credit Business Associate designation a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years accounts receivable experience with increasing levels of responsibility consistent with the requirements of this position
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated customer communication skills
- Familiar with analyzing and interpreting financial statements to mitigate risk
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel; ERP, FIS Global Credit software and bank software experience a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Principles only, no search firms please.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.