Position: Senior Credit Representative – Corporate
Reports to: Credit Manager
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
The Senior Credit Representative is responsible for the application of daily cash receipts in the U.S. and Canada, reviewing and documenting invoice discrepancies, short payments, unapplied cash receipts and chargeback balances. Also responsible for preparing end-of-month, quarterly and annual credit and auditor reports and schedules and processing Export customer orders (order-to-cash).
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
- Apply daily cash receipts in the U.S. and Canada, including intercompany cash receipts.
- Review, evaluate and document all invoice discrepancies, including customer short payments, unapplied cash receipts, and chargebacks in collection software on a daily basis.
- Provide supporting documentation related to invoice discrepancies to the customer service pricing administrator daily.
- Proactively obtain and review audited financial statements annually for the entire Export accounts receivable portfolio and schedule review with the credit manager.
- Evaluate and process Export customer orders (order to cash) consistent with corporate credit policy and procedures.
- Manage the collection of delinquent Export accounts receivable balances in the U.S. portfolio daily.
- Maintain Export 12-month trailing day’s sales-outstanding consistent with industry leading averages.
- Prepare month-end, quarterly and annual credit and auditor reports and schedules.
- Facilitate, follow through with, and resolve invoice discrepancies and unjustified short payments within two weeks or receipt of supporting documents from Customer Service. Prepare Excel spreadsheets and supporting documents as needed to expedite the resolution process. Collaborate with Customer Service, Sales and Marketing representatives as required.
- Modify and perfect existing customer bills to/ship to records in the U.S. as needed, ensuring 100% accuracy. Collaborate with the Customer Service Pricing Administrator to perfect customer records.
- Complete all supplier trade references for the customer portfolio in a timely manner.
- Print and distribute all incoming wire transfers on a daily basis, accurately inputting cash receipt remittance details for wire payments into bank software to accelerate and minimize reconciling exceptions in the daily auto-receipt update.
- Work with the Credit Manager to recommend and participate in system testing, development, process and procedure enhancements by maximizing utilization of JD Edwards and SharePoint functionality and reporting suite.
- Attend credit seminars and classes to expand credit and collection proficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred. Credit Business Associate designation a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years accounts receivable experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with Customer Service and Sales Account Representatives
- Demonstrated customer communication skills
- Familiar with analyzing and interpreting financial statements to mitigate risk
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel; ERP, FIS Global Credit software and bank software experience a plus
- Bilingual applicant a plus
Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted – No phone calls please.
Ampacet offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Compensation will be determined based on experience and skill level.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.