POSITION: Purchasing Manager (2)
LOCATION: Tarrytown, NY or Mason, OH
DEPARTMENT: Materials Management
REPORTS TO: Materials Management Senior Manager
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
Control and negotiation of purchasing packaging components and raw materials in a manner that assures cost effective and timely purchases, while maintaining a strong, ethical business relationship with all company suppliers.
- Provide leadership and insight to influence and drive future process or strategic procurement improvements.
- Negotiate contracts for packaging and raw materials (as needed) for the Company.
- Identify alternative packaging materials and raw materials as secondary sources that meet quality, cost and service requirements of the company’s purchasing needs.
- Work closely with suppliers to maintain quality of raw materials and timely shipments to user plants.
- Analyze supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements. Provide feedback to suppliers as needed.
- Handle various projects such as sourcing raw materials for new projects.
- Responsible for taking new or alternative raw materials through approval process with required departments.
- Actively maintain a close working relationship with Supply Chain, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance and other disciplines as required to provide optimum communication in relation to all matters concerning the Company.
- Responsible for managing all material supply chain activities that support production, such as directing buyers for purchases and working with plant schedulers to meet production schedules.
- Monitor inventories of raw materials at the plants.
- Coordinate communication of supplier activities and problems with manufacturing operations.
- Manage all relevant imports / exports between Ampacet Corporation from Ampacet Europe, as well as other related subsidiaries, licensees and subcontractors.
- Keep departments in the company aware of price fluctuations in order to maintain accurate records, via up-to-date maintenance of computerized price book.
- Coordinate and report on competitive business activities
- Report relevant market developments and provide analysis on the impact.
- Process quality complaints for raw materials and packaging directly with the suppliers to avoid recurrences.
- Adhere to and assist in policing all corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain departmental compliance with ISO rules.
- Bachelor’s in Business, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Materials Science (experience may substitute for education)
- Minimum 8 years purchasing / negotiating experience. Must have experience with large dollar / volume contracts
- Fundamental knowledge of compliance / legal requirements for supply contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc.
- Prior experience with quality system (i.e. ISO 9000)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic vendor relationships that provide a competitive advantage
- High ethical standards consistent with company values
- Knowledge of masterbatch industry, and prior experience purchasing resins (PET, Nylon, ABS, SAN, PC) and additives (Flame Retardants, Amides, Stearates) is a plus
- Superior follow-up and organizational skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects
- Computer proficiency w/ Excel, Outlook and demonstrated ability to learn JDEdwards
Please note that the Purchasing Manager positions may be located in either the Tarrytown or Mason office locations.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Or email: email@example.com
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.